Author Topic: REALLY NEED HELP WITH ULX  (Read 4317 times)

Offline jack12321123

REALLY NEED HELP WITH ULX
« on: October 29, 2016, 05:43:38 AM »
Hello, on my DarkRP server something went terribly wrong.
I must have changed something with the inheritance for usergroups on the ULX menu, which then allowed users to become donator jobs, which they couldnt before.
And now I go to try and change it, as superadmin, and it says: 'You dont have access to this command' Which i could do before all this happened. I've tried changing the groups as owner but still no luck.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jack

Offline iViscosity

• Respected Community Member
Re: REALLY NEED HELP WITH ULX
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 05:47:09 AM »
Did you check that you do indeed have permissions to do it? I'm not sure what exact permissions you'd need but most likely groupallow and groupdeny. Also what exactly are you trying to change, the inheritances? How are you trying to change them.
I'm iViscosity. I like gaming and programming. Need some help? Shoot me PM.

Offline jack12321123

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 05:50:52 AM »
And when i go to change someone to user, it isn't in the list of groups lol, so i really think i have messed something up. Anyway of resetting it all?

Offline jack12321123

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 05:52:21 AM »
Update: Ive figured out how to get my SA privledges back by looking on other forums, but where the problem lies is I really dont understand how the inheritance etc. works on ULX, which i believe allowed users to become donator jobs.
Any advice on to what to set each group to inherit from/target? because i believe i have messed it up.
Thanks

I was trying to change them through ulx, and since I don't exactly understand how it all works i buggered something up.

Offline iViscosity

• Respected Community Member
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 06:10:48 AM »
That is strange. I don't believe you can change user group inheritance, so more than likely it was your jobs that got changed. I'd suggest looking at the problem jobs and check the customCheck.

You should set inheritances to the group you want directly below it ( ie, superadmin inherits from admin by default )
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 06:13:20 AM by iViscosity »
I'm iViscosity. I like gaming and programming. Need some help? Shoot me PM.

Offline jack12321123

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 06:29:25 AM »
Maybe its a problem with the group "user".
When i go to set someone as user through the web console, it says:
Command "ulx adduser", argument #2: invalid group "user" specified
 And when i go to set someone as user through the ulx menu, the group "user" is the only group NOT on the list.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Offline jack12321123

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2016, 06:33:27 AM »
That is strange. I don't believe you can change user group inheritance, so more than likely it was your jobs that got changed. I'd suggest looking at the problem jobs and check the customCheck.

You should set inheritances to the group you want directly below it ( ie, superadmin inherits from admin by default )
This is what the customcheck line looks like in the jobs file:
function(ply) return table.HasValue({"donator", "vip", "superadmin"}, ply:GetUserGroup() == "donator") end,

Offline jack12321123

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2016, 06:44:39 AM »
Yeah Now I realise its a problem with the custom check, Any idea on how a code a custom check For donator jobs, which allows donators and vip's to become donator, And also a separate custom check which allows vip's to become vip jobs.
Thanks
Jack

An Error Has Occurred!

array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given