Author Topic: Ban  (Read 1197 times)

Offline bizofack

Ban
« on: December 19, 2016, 03:16:17 AM »
This sub-forum is only for help or discussion regarding projects created by Team Ulysses. If you are requesting help, please search the forums FIRST to make sure your question has not already been answered. If you still need help, fill in the following information.

My ULib/ULX versions (run "ulx version" in console):
ULib v.. 2.61
ULX v.. 3.71

Game mode(s) I am having this problem on:
When the bath of any player using ulx then an error occurs and bans with the reason added to the prohibited list [Yandex. Translation]

Lua errors shown in console, if any:
Code: [Select]
ulx ban Madoter 0 Cheater
(Console) banned MaDoTER??? permanently (Cheater)
ServerLog: [ULX] (Console) banned MaDoTER??? permanently (Cheater)
ServerLog: MaDoTER??? (STEAM_0:1:115532109) Disconnected
Dropped MaDoTER??? from server (Added to banned list)
Writing cfg/banned_ip.cfg.
ULib queue error: addons/ulib/lua/ulib/server/player.lua:193: Tried to use a NULL entity!

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Ban
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 03:21:49 PM »
I believe you have a conflicting admin mod or addon.
ULib and ULX perform no IP ban function, and your console indicates "Writing banned_ip.cfg".
We don't ban by IP, we ban by steam ID, as that is more challenging to slip by/get around. (Not impossible, just more challenging).
If you were to see any message by ULX, it would be "Writing banned_user.cfg", not _ip.

The error appears because your conflicting addon or admin mod has removed the player entity before ULib can finish gathering information about it and then also removing it.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming