Author Topic: Reserved slots issues  (Read 1467 times)

Offline Darthkatzs

Reserved slots issues
« on: January 06, 2017, 05:24:15 AM »
I'm having problems with reserved slots set to mode 3. It seems to still allow the server to completely fill up. I've tried several thigns with the slots visible and not but none seems to be working or affecting the server in any way.

Offline iViscosity

• Respected Community Member
Re: Reserved slots issues
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 05:43:23 AM »
I had this problem yesterday, what worked (for me) was unchecking "Reserved Slots Visible" in the menu and restarting the server. I contacted my host about it and they said it most likely had to do with an addon affecting the "sv_visiblemaxplayers" CVar. The server isn't full just the Server Browser is displaying it as full, people can still connect with 'connect <server IP>'. Hope that helps you.

Edit: You said you tried with visible slots... Did you try restarting? Try messing around with the maximum reserved slots.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 05:45:54 AM by iViscosity »
I'm iViscosity. I like gaming and programming. Need some help? Shoot me PM.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 07:52:26 AM »
mode 3. It seems to still allow the server to completely fill up.
How many people on your server have access to or inherit the "admin" group, or, a group that contains or inherits the "ulx reservedslots" in it?
What is your servers capacity?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 07:55:45 AM by JamminR »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline iViscosity

• Respected Community Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 08:10:44 AM »
How many people on your server have access to or inherit the "admin" group, or, a group that contains or inherits the "ulx reservedslots" in it?
What is your servers capacity?
Oh... That makes a lot of sense now... I have a lot. Which mode makes it so that they're only in use when the server is full? 2?

Sent using Tapatalk. Owner of iViscosity Gaming.

I'm iViscosity. I like gaming and programming. Need some help? Shoot me PM.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 08:49:13 AM »
There is no mode that only is in use when full.
All modes prefer groups with the reservedslot access.
See the descriptions in plain text at lines 128 to 150 in our data.lua file (which basically sets up base config, that XGUI then allows changing later)
https://github.com/TeamUlysses/ulx/blob/master/lua/ulx/data.lua#L127

But in short, in mode 3, if the server is full of admins/people with reservedslots access, it's full.
If you disable rslotsvisible, the final/last person would have to use 'connect' command manually from the client console.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming