ULX

Author Topic: Sourcebans integration  (Read 39043 times)

Offline PAL-18

Re: Sourcebans integration
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2012, 12:58:09 AM »
What did Gmod 13 change that broke sourcebans?  I got the attention of the developer of sourcebans and he's willing to fix it but he needs to know what broke (he doesnt seem to want to research it himself)

Offline talmera

• Tectonic-Gaming
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2012, 05:50:36 PM »
What did Gmod 13 change that broke sourcebans?  I got the attention of the developer of sourcebans and he's willing to fix it but he needs to know what broke (he doesnt seem to want to research it himself)

it is not sourcebans or sourcemod it is metamod that is broken (as far as I know) it has nothing to do with sourcebans.
It's not a sin if it can't make me cry
He's not the devil unless there's fire in his eyes
It ain't the ghost if it don't speak in tongue
It's not a victory 'till the battles been won

Offline PAL-18

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2012, 12:48:40 PM »
Sourcebans relies on Sourcemod though, not Metamod (its plugin is built in small scripting language that sourcemod uses, metamod uses c++).

Weeks ago i asked the developer of Metamod Source & Sourcemod if they were going to make a Gmod 13 compatible version and they said they dont have any plans for the future. So the odds of one being made is very very low.

So in other words.  We're all fricked.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2012, 01:39:32 PM »
Sourcebans relies on Sourcemod though, not Metamod (its plugin is built in small scripting language that sourcemod uses, metamod uses c++).

Weeks ago i asked the developer of Metamod Source & Sourcemod if they were going to make a Gmod 13 compatible version and they said they dont have any plans for the future. So the odds of one being made is very very low.

So the real question then is, what did garry change that broke compatibility with these?
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline centran

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2012, 02:28:03 PM »

Anyone who wants sourcebans is not fricked. You don't need sourcemod to run sourcebans.

There was a script made that access the sourcebans DB directly. I posted a forum topic on how to integrate it with ULX. http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,5875.0.html
I posted a new topic because this one is outdated. Even if sourcemod worked with gmod13 this script still wouldn't work with the current version of ulx.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 02:29:41 PM by centran »

Offline PAL-18

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2012, 02:47:53 PM »
Apparently ALOT has changed in Gmod 13.  Garry forked off his own version of the orangebox engine and most things have changed.

The Sourcemod/Metamod Source team would have to reverse engineer Gmod 13 to fix it and to do that to a new engine is a huge undertaking plus only a few hundred servers were using Sourcemod/Metamod so they dont see it a feasible course of action.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2012, 07:33:19 PM »
Apparently ALOT has changed in Gmod 13.  Garry forked off his own version of the orangebox engine and most things have changed.

The Sourcemod/Metamod Source team would have to reverse engineer Gmod 13 to fix it and to do that to a new engine is a huge undertaking plus only a few hundred servers were using Sourcemod/Metamod so they dont see it a feasible course of action.

Ah yes, I remember Garry talking about wanting to modify core engine functions, now. Can't blame the sourcemod/metamod people at all for their choice.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline PAL-18

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2012, 07:17:40 PM »
Anyone who wants sourcebans is not fricked. You don't need sourcemod to run sourcebans.

There was a script made that access the sourcebans DB directly. I posted a forum topic on how to integrate it with ULX. http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,5875.0.html
I posted a new topic because this one is outdated. Even if sourcemod worked with gmod13 this script still wouldn't work with the current version of ulx.

By "this script", do you mean the one in this thread or the script in all threads?

Offline centran

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2012, 10:09:24 PM »
By "this script", do you mean the one in this thread or the script in all threads?

I mean the one in this thread.

Offline PAL-18

« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2012, 01:05:43 PM »
You can't update the script to work the the current ULX?

Offline centran

« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2012, 01:43:06 PM »
You can't update the script to work the the current ULX?
You could but ULX does things differently now. Problem is this method relied on installed sourcemod and all it did was pass the command to console.... sm_ban

There is a script that has been written to directly interact with the sourcebans database so you don't need sourcemod. Sourcemod won't work with gmod 13 anyway.

I wrote up a new topic that is a "rewrite" of the code(if you want to call it that). However, my method uses the database script. It also doesn't pass the command to console but to the script. Therefore it integrates more nicely into ULX.
http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,5875.0.html