Author Topic: Improved PropHunt |PointShop|TauntMenu|LoginReward|  (Read 8735 times)

Offline xombob

Improved PropHunt |PointShop|TauntMenu|LoginReward|
« on: July 01, 2014, 02:12:09 AM »

Hello! Im running a server with the new Prophunters gamemode by Mechanical Mind (creator of Melonbomber and Murder gamemodes). The gameplay itself works like the classic prop hunt, but all the annoyances have been fixed and new features have been added. Heres a quick list:

• Ability to rotate your prop, and view it as hunters see it. No more guessing which way you are facing, or wether you look "OK"!
  • When you are in the correct angle, you lock your rotation and by doing so, your collision shrinks to match your current angle.
    This means, you can go against a wall as a painting or bookshelf without sticking out and looking silly.
  • Props you can disguise as now glow green, to make identifying valid props easier.
  • For stuck prevention, props that would make you stuck will glow red until you are in a valid position.
  • When you are in the Props team, your teammates will also glow so you can tell which props are players and which arent.
  • Build in Taunt Menu, with sound duration visible. No more accidental 30 second taunts! You choose what, where and when to play a taunt!
  • No more akward T-pose model as your default, undisguised stage. Instead, you will stay in human-form until you choose a prop.
  • Prop jump height increased slightly, to allow getting on tables and such much easier
  • Better hitboxes! Its now much easier to hit the props, no more trolling hula dolls that are impossible to hit!

Server IP: 217.147.87.11:27015

Max Slots: 24 (with 2 reserved slots)

How Often the Server Is Up: Always, unless if Im doing maintenance on it (which usually only happens when server is empty)

Steam Group Page: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/notyourprop

Are We Accepting Admins/Moderators: In the future, yes. When the server gets more popular and more servers will be set up, Im going to need admins to make sure people follow the rules. Being around in the early stages will increase your chances of becoming an admin later on.

List of Addons and other stuff:

• ULX Admin Mod ofc
  • Custom PointShop, with tons of custom items you wont see anywhere else, created with RocketManias item maker.
  • Custom Motd for clean and easy access for help, group page and server rules.
  • Login Reward, the more you play on the server the more points you get (up to 300 points per day)
  • Third Person Menu, if you were ever annoyed by the fact you couldnt see your model as hunter
  • RTV, for calling map votes easilly
  • AAFK, for kicking AFK players automatically
  • Unstuck, to free yourself if you get stuck
  • Permanent Props! Maps that lacked props such as CS maps have new props in them!
  • Death Zones, to prevent cheating. I have blocked most exploitable spots in all maps, so you dont have to worry about cheaters.

Planned Features: More PointShop items and models, as well as PETS! Point rewards for taunting, winning, killing etc and other improvents for the mod.

Offline ChaosWolf

• "The Exiled One's" Server Owner
Re: Improved PropHunt |PointShop|TauntMenu|LoginReward|
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 08:21:57 PM »
couldn't find the server, searched many times.
"Someone once told me, scripting lua is like trying to build a rocket ship, once your finished with it and think your done, you start it up only to realize you had just built it upside down." ~Programmer

Offline xombob

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 09:16:18 AM »
couldn't find the server, searched many times.

Thats weird, like I stated in the first post its up 24/7 unless if Im installing mods or something which happens very rarely and only if servers is empty at the time. And even then its usually done in 5-10mins.

You can try connecting directly through IP by typing "open 217.147.87.11:27015" in the console. Recently I fixed up a few download problems so you should get in within a couple of minutes.

If you are still having problems you can try finding the Sandbox server instead on 217.147.87.12:27015 (Sandbox - Wire|PAC3|FPProtect) and then type !servers in console which will show the Prophunters server and allow connecting to it.

Offline JesseHumphry

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 03:14:11 AM »
Hey bud, I know it may be a bit to ask but I'm having a considerable bit of trouble getting anywhere with an unstuck function. I can't seem to find one listed anywhere. Do you think you could point in me in the right direction and/or paste the code used for your unstuck mod? Else you could e-mail it to jesse.humphry@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Offline XxLMM13xX

• New to lua development
    • Twitch
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 02:44:37 PM »
Sounds awesome!!! I'm gonna check this out when I get on next!!!

Offline XxLMM13xX

• New to lua development
    • Twitch
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 11:46:34 AM »
The server is DarkRP?!? i thought it was Prophunt!!!