Author Topic: Strange Problem after Starting the Server  (Read 3277 times)

Offline DH1806

Strange Problem after Starting the Server
« on: January 15, 2015, 02:03:16 PM »
Hello Guys, since today I got some strange problems after starting my server. I run my server since nearly one month now and I use many of your great addons. But today, suddendly ( we were playing already some minuts/hours) after a map change ( I changed nothing!) the problem suddendly apeared. After the map change everyone was spectator and the round didnn't even start after some minutes. Everyone was marked with the Guest User Group, also me as Admin and I couldn't use admin commands as well.
I restarted the server serval times and already wrote to my hoster, but with no results. In the console are this errors after the server starts:

Code: [Select]
[ERROR] addons/ulx_auto_promote/lua/ulx/xgui/server/sv_apromote.lua:56: attempt to index field 'set' (a nil value)
1. init - addons/ulx_auto_promote/lua/ulx/xgui/server/sv_apromote.lua:56
2. fn - addons/ulx/lua/ulx/modules/xgui_server.lua:269
3. unknown - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:183

[ERROR] addons/ulx_auto_promote/lua/ulx/xgui/server/sv_apromote.lua:56: attempt to index field 'set' (a nil value)
1. init - addons/ulx_auto_promote/lua/ulx/xgui/server/sv_apromote.lua:56

ConVarRef room_type doesn't point to an existing ConVar
Executing dedicated server config file server.cfg
Using map cycle file 'cfg/mapcycle_default.txt'. ('cfg/mapcycle.txt' was not found.)

[ERROR] gamemodes/terrortown/entities/entities/ttt_map_settings.lua:27: attempt to index field 'crowbar_unlocks' (a nil value)
1. unknown - gamemodes/terrortown/entities/entities/ttt_map_settings.lua:27

[ERROR] gamemodes/terrortown/entities/entities/ttt_map_settings.lua:27: attempt to index
field 'crowbar_unlocks' (a nil value)

[ERROR] gamemodes/terrortown/entities/entities/ttt_map_settings.lua:20: attempt to index field 'crowbar_unlocks' (a nil value)
1. unknown - gamemodes/terrortown/entities/entities/ttt_map_settings.lua:20

[ERROR] gamemodes/terrortown/entities/entities/ttt_map_settings.lua:20: attempt to index field 'crowbar_unlocks' (a nil value)

[ERROR] gamemodes/terrortown/entities/entities/ttt_map_settings.lua:24: attempt to index field 'crowbar_unlocks' (a nil value)
1. unknown - gamemodes/terrortown/entities/entities/ttt_map_settings.lua:24

[ERROR] gamemodes/terrortown/entities/entities/ttt_map_settings.lua:24: attempt to index field 'crowbar_unlocks' (a nil value)

[ERROR] gamemodes/terrortown/entities/entities/ttt_map_settings.lua:27: attempt to index field 'crowbar_unlocks' (a nil value)

Lua Error: ULib queue error: addons/ulx/lua/ulx/xgui/server/sv_bans.lua:151: attempt to call field 'splitbans' (a nil value)

ULib queue error: addons/ulx/lua/ulx/xgui/server/sv_bans.lua:151: attempt to call field 'splitbans' (a nil value)
ULib queue error: addons/ulx/lua/ulx/xgui/server/sv_bans.lua:151: attempt to call field 'splitbans' (a nil value)

addons/ulx_auto_promote/lua/ulx/xgui/server/sv_apromote.lua:56: attempt to index field 'set' (a nil value):
ULib.replicatedWritableCvar("ap_enabled","rep_ap_enabled", APromote["set"]["ap_enabled"],false,false,"apromote_settings")
for _, v in ipairs( xgui.svmodules ) do v.init() end
a, b, c, d, e, f = v.fn( ... )
gamemodes/terrortown/entities/entities/ttt_map_settings.lua:20: attempt to index field 'crowbar_unlocks' (a nil value)
      GAMEMODE.crowbar_unlocks[OPEN_DOOR] = opens
gamemodes/terrortown/entities/entities/ttt_map_settings.lua:24: attempt to index field 'crowbar_unlocks' (a nil value)
      GAMEMODE.crowbar_unlocks[OPEN_BUT] = (v == "1")
gamemodes/terrortown/entities/entities/ttt_map_settings.lua:27: attempt to index field 'crowbar_unlocks' (a nil value)
      GAMEMODE.crowbar_unlocks[OPEN_NOTOGGLE] = (v == "1")
Lua Error: ULib queue error: addons/ulx/lua/ulx/xgui/server/sv_bans.lua:151: attempt to call field 'splitbans' (a nil value)
bans.splitbans()
I really don't know why these errors could happen, as I said I really changed nothing it just happend while we were playing, and in the last days the only thing I changed was uploading a new map (which we already played without problems) and adding this script: http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,7901.0.html (which also worked).

Does anyone has an idea? I really can't imagine why it happend and if I won't get it solved my server won't worked any more :(

Thanks for every answer!
DH
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 02:06:59 PM by DH1806 »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Strange Problem after Starting the Server
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 04:30:23 PM »
Gmod workshop/addon troubleshooting 101.
Remove the last thing added. Fixed? No, continue. Yes? Contact it's dev.
Remove specific workshop/addon(s) mentioned in line 1 or 2 of error. (apromote is one of a few in your case). Fixed? No, continue. Yes? Contact the dev.
Remove ALL workshops/addons. Start Game. Fixed? No? See A). Yes? See B)

A) Run a sandbox gamemode in gm_construct, if it works, contact your game mode dev support.
If it doesn't, you need to wipe and re-install Gmod if you're getting more errors you can't troubleshoot.

B) Add workshop/addons back one at a time (Two at a time in case of ULX (which requires ULib)
Try your game, work? No? = make sure you have latest code from Github. Try resetting ULX following our FAQ section of the forum. Give more errors that occur without being in a non-sandbox gamemode (meaning, start a server in just plan sandbox with gm_construct)
Yes? add another addon ONE AT A TIME until it breaks again. Contact addon dev with errors.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline DH1806

Re: Strange Problem after Starting the Server
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 05:31:15 AM »
Thanks for your help :) I think I found out what was going on and I'll contact the developer.