ULX

Poll

Was this addon useful to you?

Yes it was, thank you :)
23 (95.8%)
No, try better next time! :(
1 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Advanced Anti Noclip Killing [1.12v]  (Read 30269 times)

Offline Bite That Apple

• Apple Innovations 2010®
    • Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
Advanced Anti Noclip Killing [1.12v]
« on: February 07, 2015, 07:37:19 PM »
Anti Noclip Killing!

Alright, so I got sick and tired of people noclip killing on my servers, so this addon is really specifically made for my addons, but because I'm so nice, I'm give this to all of you for free. This addon is actually quite advanced, as people found new ways to noclip kill and be a minge.

Please Keep Note:
If you like this addon, I would really appreciate a "Compliment" Karma which is located next to my name. That's how I know you care :)
You must be registered and logged in the ulx forum to see the download link which is found under the preview image

HOW TO USE:
Go in noclip and you'll learn real quickly.
For the menu type !ank

FEATURES:
  • Allows certain things to be toggled. Type !ank
  • Can not kill players who just spawned for three seconds - togglable| !ank 0/1 DEFAULT: 1
  • Player can not kill anyone when they just spawned for three seconds - togglable | !ank 0/1 DEFAULT: 1
  • Can not kill when in noclip
  • Can not kill players who are in noclip
  • Can not kill anyone for three seconds when the player just left noclip - togglable| !ank 0/1 DEFAULT: 1
  • Can not kill anyone who just left noclip for three seconds - togglable| !ank 0/1 DEFAULT: 1
  • Can not go back into noclip after exiting noclip for three seconds - togglable| !ank 0/1 DEFAULT: 0
  • Doesn't allow people who are in god mode to kill players - togglable| !ank 0/1 DEFAULT: 1

Certain maps have a safety net basically, not allowing anyone to kill players or spawn props in that area, nor allow those players to kill while in the safety net. Those maps will be listed on the bottom of this called "featured maps".
FEATURED MAPS:
  • gm_warmap_v5
  • gm_warmap_v5_snow
  • gm_warmap_v5_night

TO-DO-LIST:
Add more maps?

KNOWN BUGS:
To be honest, there are most likely bugs with this addon, but at the moment, I couldn't find any with a playerbase of 12.

Preview:

DOWNLOAD LINK BELOW
You must be registered and logged in the ulx forum to see the download link which is found under the preview image
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 07:42:20 PM by Bite That Apple »
Quote from: John F. Kennedy 1963
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
Re: Advanced Anti Noclip Killing
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 07:41:40 PM »
If you guys download it, and have a suggestion, please tell me here

Offline PwndKilled

Re: Advanced Anti Noclip Killing [1.06v]
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 06:43:58 PM »
That seems interesting. Will you mind helping me to fix a script?

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 07:56:00 PM »
That seems interesting. Will you mind helping me to fix a script?

Depends what it is, and what origin it relates too. If it's client side, I try to stay away from that.

Offline PwndKilled

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 07:50:56 PM »
Depends what it is, and what origin it relates too. If it's client side, I try to stay away from that.

It's a script that gives the ability to superadmin/admin/mod to Freeze players with right mouse click like a prop while using Physgun and moving them.

But the script cause too many console error. That's why i wanted somebody to fix it as i'm not the one who made it.

Here is the link: http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php?topic=6173.0

Appreciated.

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 09:22:52 AM »
It's a script that gives the ability to superadmin/admin/mod to Freeze players with right mouse click like a prop while using Physgun and moving them.

But the script cause too many console error. That's why i wanted somebody to fix it as i'm not the one who made it.

Here is the link: http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php?topic=6173.0

Appreciated.

Please make a new thread here http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/board,14.0.html, requesting help, and I'll look into it. This thread is specifically for my addon.

If a moderator could remove all posts above this (but not this one) that do not relate to my addon, I would appreciate it.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 09:27:41 AM by Bite That Apple »

Offline Stranger Danger

Re: Advanced Anti Noclip Killing [1.10v]
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 12:36:24 AM »
Very cool idea and very useful. I was using some random godmode protection script I found but this is way better.

I just had one question though, would it be possible to toggle this option? "Can not kill players who are in noclip", this way people can go in and out of no-clip freely but also not combat evade. Thanks a bunch

Offline lynx

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 12:42:56 AM »
FEATURES:
  • Can not kill players who just spawned for three seconds - togglable| !ank spawnprotection 0/1 DEFAULT: 1
  • Player can not kill anyone when they just spawned for three seconds - togglable | !ank spawnprotection 0/1 DEFAULT: 1
  • Can not kill anyone for three seconds when the player just left noclip - togglable| !ank noclipkill 0/1 DEFAULT: 1
  • Can not kill anyone who just left noclip for three seconds - togglable| !ank noclipkill 0/1 DEFAULT: 1

These two points make it seem like you wrote the same thing twice, just worded different. I know you mean it two different ways (took me reading it a few times to get though,) and I suggest changing it to something to the effect of:

Spawn Protection: Players cannot kill or be killed for 3 seconds after spawning - togglable| !ank spawnprotection 0/1 DEFAULT: 1

Un-Noclip Protection: Players cannot kill or be killed for 3 seconds after exiting noclip - togglable| !ank noclipkill 0/1 DEFAULT: 1[/li][/list]
[/list]

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 04:08:00 AM »
    These two points make it seem like you wrote the same thing twice, just worded different. I know you mean it two different ways (took me reading it a few times to get though,) and I suggest changing it to something to the effect of:
    [/list]

It was just another way to word it for it's viversa

Very cool idea and very useful. I was using some random godmode protection script I found but this is way better.

I just had one question though, would it be possible to toggle this option? "Can not kill players who are in noclip", this way people can go in and out of no-clip freely but also not combat evade. Thanks a bunch

Done, thanks for the suggestion. Also remade the menu system, looks nicer now.

Offline Stranger Danger

Re: Advanced Anti Noclip Killing [1.11v]
    « Reply #9 on: March 13, 2015, 10:27:21 AM »
    Great, thanks!

!ank isn't working for me, could this be because my server blocks all !commands unless its a ulx command?
    « Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 11:31:18 AM by Stranger Danger »

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
    « Reply #10 on: March 13, 2015, 01:51:50 PM »
    Great, thanks!

!ank isn't working for me, could this be because my server blocks all !commands unless its a ulx command?

no clue, works for me though, are you not superadmin>?

Offline Stranger Danger

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2015, 01:55:50 PM »
    This could be similar to the problem I am having with the user management chat commands not working. !adduser, !addgroup, ect are not working but the rest are. The commands work in console though, is there a console command I can run for !ank?

Offline Bytewave

• Respected Community Member
    • :)
      • My Homepage
    « Reply #12 on: March 13, 2015, 03:19:10 PM »
    !adduser, !addgroup
    The ULX user management commands have no chat counterpart, as far as I'm aware, so no, this isn't similar.
    bw81@ulysses-forums ~ % whoami
    Homepage

Offline Stranger Danger

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2015, 04:01:45 PM »
    The ULX user management commands have no chat counterpart, as far as I'm aware, so no, this isn't similar.

Oh okay. Thanks thought I was going crazy.

Offline Stranger Danger

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2015, 07:46:28 PM »
    The command isn't working and I am superadmin and checked with isSuperAdmin and came back true. Not sure why it isn't working.

Whats the best way to manually edit it?
    « Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 08:04:38 PM by Stranger Danger »