ULX

Author Topic: ULib MySQL Authentication  (Read 22428 times)

Offline Durpy?

Re: ULib MySQL Authentication
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2016, 11:37:37 AM »
Not really. Is your database hosted externally? Free Database hosts are typically pretty slow.

This is a hacky implementation of MYSQL for ULib, it's not really something I want to spend a lot of time trying to perfect.
If it works, it works, otherwise, you might want to look for another solution for cross-server ranks.

Its hosted on my database under my domain. The reason I'm using this is because when someone joins or a rank is changed the server hangs for a few seconds, this is due to the really large size of my user.txt which is currently 54k lines deep.

Additionally, we (Team Ulysses) see this issue repeatedly with non-mySQL authentication and autopromote scripts.
I'm of the belief that, preferably, don't use them, and if your going to use them, find/have the author of the one you use make them more tolerant to delays in authentication.
Our forum has several posts over the years reporting this same issue due to autopromote scripts.

I'm currently looking for a way to delay the promoting after a player joins to set a timer or delay as to when to activate.

Offline nm

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2016, 08:47:16 PM »
Thanks a bunch for this plugin!
However; I do have an issue as there's been some GMod and ulib updates since this was last updated, I believe.
I've attached my console.log with the errors below. Thanks yet again! :D

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2016, 10:11:57 PM »
I'm sorry, but this isn't something that I planned to continue to update and support. You can use it as a basis to make your own if you want or there are some others out there that work if this one doesn't.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2016, 11:19:48 PM »
MrPresident, maybe move it to release archives?
It indeed is still a good basis, if not broken due to updates.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2016, 01:11:17 AM »
Yeah, if it's not working anymore that is probably where it belongs.

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2018, 11:02:27 AM »
Moved this back into releases. Tested it with the latest version of MySQLOO and ULX/ULib and it still works.