ULX

Author Topic: URM - User Restrictions Module for ULX  (Read 38880 times)

Offline The Asian Aimbot

• Rise and shine, Mr. Freeman, rise... and shine...
    • Asian Domain GMod Sandbox Server
Re: URM - User Restrictions Module for ULX
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2016, 07:16:35 PM »
I would say so, yeah. It's pretty finicky to use, but it's solid and it works.
The Asian Toaster man who escaped the Great Martian Coup of '69, hid in Beijing for 9 months, and was cast away by the FSM. Flew away w/ GoombasTasteGood and hid in Addis Ababa after fleeing to Botswana, then to Canada.

http://www.downloadmorewam.com

Offline eriikok

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2016, 09:10:52 AM »
Hello, I am sorry I have not been paying attention to this thread. I am active on GitHub and look into questions/problems raised there, I am currently investigating the net error. For future reference I would suggest that you bring this up on GitHub, as that is what I frequent the most. I will however try to pay more attention to this thread.

Offline eriikok

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2016, 11:28:32 AM »
I have reworked the net system so that URM no longer uses ULX's system. It now uses its own net functions, so any conflicts should be resolved.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2016, 03:05:30 PM »
Eriikok, thank you. Trust us(Team Ulysses), we understand the challenge of monitoring multiple release locations.
You may wish to turn on notifications for this thread, as many ULX users don't use github to monitor discussions and changes, but instead just download and forget.

Do you believe ULib's net functionality was at fault?
Or was it just that, an accidental conflict, perhaps due to concurrent requests?
If you believe ULib fault, please bring up some constructive discussion and reasons explaining why in our Developers corner or Help and Support section.
Thanks. - JamminR
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline eriikok

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2016, 03:58:44 PM »
I am not sure why it happened. I could not replicate the error on my local server so I didn't have a chance to pinpoint it. All I know for certain is that if this error continues then somebody has messed with the net library.

I don't know ULib's net system enough to offer anything but speculation. Both URM and ULib bans can contain alot of data, so maybe there is something that happens when they try to send it when the player spawns. It would be interesting to know if players with access to Bans but not URM (or vice versa) would have got this error; that would give more of a inclination of where the problem lies.

Offline The Asian Aimbot

• Rise and shine, Mr. Freeman, rise... and shine...
    • Asian Domain GMod Sandbox Server
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2016, 04:07:19 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to address the issue! :D
I have no idea what I did to URM, I didn't do anything to it or the server files when the problem started bugging me.
The Asian Toaster man who escaped the Great Martian Coup of '69, hid in Beijing for 9 months, and was cast away by the FSM. Flew away w/ GoombasTasteGood and hid in Addis Ababa after fleeing to Botswana, then to Canada.

http://www.downloadmorewam.com

Offline DrCheesepuffs

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2016, 03:44:01 PM »
I am still having issues with this :/

Offline BlitherLlama

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2016, 10:10:58 PM »
Is there anyway to use SteamID's instead of just groups?

Offline eriikok

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2017, 08:38:57 AM »
I am still having issues with this :/

Make 100% sure you have the latest version.

Offline eriikok

« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2017, 08:40:03 AM »
Is there anyway to use SteamID's instead of just groups?

I'm afraid not.

Offline PLYSHKA

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2017, 07:36:57 AM »
Hi, I have a problem. On the computer (usual PC on Windows) I can use this addon. But on the hosting (Linux) it isn't shown on the menu (but loads in the game).
Please help.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2017, 12:16:47 PM »
Try renaming your linux servers gmod.. /addons/URM-master folder to lower case letters, '/addons/urm-master'
Gmod (used to/seems to still?) have a problem loading addons with upper case letters in file names.
If that doesn't work, it's possible other linux incompatibilities exist within the addon itself (most of them doing with case sensitivity)
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline iViscosity

• Respected Community Member
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2017, 04:00:23 PM »
Try renaming your linux servers gmod.. /addons/URM-master folder to lower case letters, '/addons/urm-master'
Gmod (used to/seems to still?) have a problem loading addons with upper case letters in file names.
If that doesn't work, it's possible other linux incompatibilities exist within the addon itself (most of them doing with case sensitivity)

To my knowledge, it's just Linux that has this issue. I have uppercase folders in my addons folder that works just fine (my client, for singleplayer things). I also do in my server's files, but that's on Windows so not a huge deal.
I'm iViscosity. I like gaming and programming. Need some help? Shoot me PM.

Offline eriikok

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2017, 07:38:42 PM »
Hi, I have a problem. On the computer (usual PC on Windows) I can use this addon. But on the hosting (Linux) it isn't shown on the menu (but loads in the game).
Please help.

I'm afraid I don't have any experience with linux at all, so I'm not sure how much of help I can be. But just to clarify; everything loads and works except for the interface in the ulx menu?

Offline roastchicken

• Respected Community Member
  • I write code
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2017, 11:50:34 AM »
I can confirm that uppercase letters in addon names often cause issues on Linux servers. Even if it doesn't turn out to be the issue, it's better to eliminate it as a possibility.
Give a man some code and you help him for a day; teach a man to code and you help him for a lifetime.