Author Topic: Staff App [did it in dev section because owner told me to]  (Read 2226 times)

Offline holdengray64

Staff App [did it in dev section because owner told me to]
« on: September 12, 2016, 04:54:41 PM »
Hi I want to help the server and be staff! my in game name is holdengray64, my steam name is also holdengray64. It seems like this server is going pretty good so far and I want to help by stoping the trolls and rule breakers! Now how can you trust me you may ask? Well im co-owner on one server and have been staff on many others! I am applying for any rank staff. I may only be 13 but mature, I like to have fun but be for real when needed, I like the server because its cool and nice. If you need any more information just ask me!

p.s: I am not the one who decided this to me the owner said I should apply for staff

Offline iViscosity

• Respected Community Member
Re: Staff App [did it in dev section because owner told me to]
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 05:00:22 PM »
What...?
I'm iViscosity. I like gaming and programming. Need some help? Shoot me PM.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 05:39:05 PM »
holdengray64, though we at these forums appreciate your enthusiasm, we do not run a Gmod server.
We wrote ULX, the admin mod many servers use.

ULX doesn't make Gmod servers, ULX makes them easier to manage.
Good luck finding the community forum of the server you're actually trying to staff on.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Bite That Apple

• Apple Innovations 2010®
    • Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 04:17:19 AM »
I almost possibly feel like this is a troll, or like the owner of said server trolled him with sending a link to this website. Something seems fishy...
Quote from: John F. Kennedy 1963
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
  • What even IS software anymore?
    • XGUI
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 08:08:41 AM »
I almost possibly feel like this is a troll, or like the owner of said server trolled him with sending a link to this website. Something seems fishy...

You'd be surprised how many emails we get of people complaining about abuse on servers or requesting for admin. It's likely because of our "This server is running ULX Admin Mod version %ulx_version% by Team Ulysses -- ulyssesmod.net" advert, really. :P
Join our Team Ulysses community discord! https://discord.gg/gR4Uye6

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 03:07:16 PM »
That's IT!
Remember Chronicles of George? (No? Oh, wow, take an hour and enjoy... HILARIOUS. I swear,  over 20 years ago, I might have worked with the person writing the incidents the original site author is commenting about.)

My spouse just got a domain and hosting provider for their masters degree they're aiming for related to communications/web and media design.
I'm going to ask if I can have a sub domain or secondary and share the space.

Imagine, www.CoUlysses.net
I'll put a collection of all the requests we've had regarding our "Garry's mod server" over the past years.
Though they do usually email the team address, I'm betting Megiddo has quite a few more not seen by us in archives.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 03:12:02 PM by JamminR »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming