Author Topic: Broken Deathrun gamemode.  (Read 2778 times)

Offline DankNessProvides

Broken Deathrun gamemode.
« on: October 04, 2016, 01:11:11 PM »
Me and a friend are trying to get a server going on this gamemode, but we kept getting these errors
http://pastebin.com/8ea2DzHb

We know it isn't the addons as we have just moved host and it was all working fine on the other host, we've moved from nitrous networks to an ovh dedicated server. That shouldn't matter, I am just wondering if anyone can help. The HUD and Tab aren't working and I am just seeing the default health and just getting a crowbar. It might be the broken fonts because it is failing to load some fonts.

Code: [Select]
Failed to load custom font file 'c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/garrysmod/garrysmod/workshop/resource/fonts/cambria.ttf'
Failed to load custom font file 'c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/garrysmod/garrysmod/workshop/resource/fonts/segoeui.ttf'
Failed to load custom font file 'c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/garrysmod/garrysmod/workshop/resource/fonts/segoeuil.ttf'
Failed to load custom font file 'c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/garrysmod/garrysmod/workshop/resource/fonts/segoeuisl.ttf'
Failed to load custom font file 'c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/garrysmod/garrysmod/workshop/resource/fonts/seguisb.ttf'
Failed to load custom font file 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\download\resource\fonts\clearsans-medium.ttf'

Also getting some errors about not having a base module, whatever that means.

Code: [Select]
Compact freed 532480 bytes
Error: Scripted Entity weapon_knife couldn't be created! No Base Module (weapons)
Error: Scripted Entity gmod_hands couldn't be created! No Base Module (scripted_ents)
Error: Scripted Entity weapon_flashbang couldn't be created! No Base Module (weapons)
Error: Scripted Entity weapon_flashbang couldn't be created! No Base Module (weapons)
Redownloading all lightmaps
Unknown command: deathrun_reload_hull_client
Unknown command: ulx
Error: Scripted Entity weapon_knife couldn't be created! No Base Module (weapons)
Error: Scripted Entity gmod_hands couldn't be created! No Base Module (scripted_ents)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 01:20:45 PM by DankNessProvides »

Offline iViscosity

• Respected Community Member
Re: Broken Deathrun gamemode.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 01:15:33 PM »
For one... use [code][/code] tags please...

Secondly, my first guess would be an improperly installed gamemode... Don't know for sure but that would be my first guess.
I'm iViscosity. I like gaming and programming. Need some help? Shoot me PM.

Offline DankNessProvides

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 01:19:39 PM »
We've installed it exactly the same on a previous server and it was working fine, I don't understand why it has just decided to refuse to work. The autohop is the only working part of the gamemode when it's installed, so we know its doing something just not fully running.

Offline iViscosity

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 01:23:27 PM »
Can you run "ulx debuginfo" and paste it in code tags here? There may be a conflicting addon.

Before that, have you tried removing all addons?

Offline DankNessProvides

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 08:36:51 AM »
It's working now, we just decided to do a clean install just to see if it was working and it's now working. By clean install I mean we completely reinstalled the server on the dedicated machine and now its working.

Offline iViscosity

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 08:56:59 AM »
Good to hear. Something must've just been installed incorrectly.