Author Topic: Some ULX Commands  (Read 2569 times)

Offline Ziipen

Some ULX Commands
« on: December 28, 2016, 11:55:41 PM »
Like if somebody driving really reckless so a command !carban or !cb.
That will do they can't go on driverseat?

Or if somebody just got CDM so !scene and see the scene what happend?
And !vistarrest, !vistdeath

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Some ULX Commands
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 09:34:35 AM »
While we normally avoid including ideas that have a 'gamemode' bias into ULX, I personally like the the car ban idea and could imagine that being used generally.

As for your scene idea, you can't view the past in Gmod (using lua or easily), but could use "ulx spectate" to view players point of view or "ulx teleport" to teleport to where the players are to see what's happening now.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline roastchicken

• Respected Community Member
  • I write code
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 12:20:46 PM »
Tommy228's TTTDamageLogs has a death scene feature where you can view the events leading up to a person's death. If you can code in Lua you might be able to take a look at how Tommy does it and see if you can modify it to suit your needs. I've never peeked under the hood, so I'm not sure how complicated it is. My guess is that it records positions, angles, etc. of all entities and then uses some fancy DModelPanel trickery to display it all.
Give a man some code and you help him for a day; teach a man to code and you help him for a lifetime.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 03:19:05 PM »
See, I knew if I didn't add a disclaimer (lua or easily) I'd get in trouble.
I just poked under the hood.
Wow.
I see what it's doing, but I'd have trouble finding time learning the bits of it all well enough to put it in any creation I might want to use.
I also wonder how much memory all the memory tables take. I didn't look close enough to see how (long/much) it remembers.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming