ULX

Author Topic: ULX bans.txt file breaking ULX  (Read 2086 times)

Offline joshh20

ULX bans.txt file breaking ULX
« on: March 20, 2017, 01:04:34 AM »
So I just updated to the new versions of Ulib and ULX using the Steam workshop and am having a very strange issue. I noticed that none of my settings from config.txt were being read after the update and could not figure out why. I was able to change them for the round, but whenever the map would change, all ULX settings from config.txt would revert to their default values. The adverts.txt and other files in the garrysmod/data/ulx folder worked fine except for config.txt. I deleted both Ulib and ULX's GMA files in the addon folder and redownloaded them. I then purged both the Ulib and ULX folders in garrysmod/data and found that had fixed the issue. I manually added each file back one by one and found out that my bans.txt file in the Ulib folder apparently breaks the config.txt file. Every other file seems to be working fine, but when I add that back, it messes up my config and seems to revert it to default. I notice that the actual config.txt is correct, but ULX appears to not be reading from it. I am really at a loss here but for now I've just deleted my bans file, so only permanent bans are showing up now since they're stored in a different location.

I can send you my bans.txt file if you'd like to look at it, but would rather send it over a private message. Thanks!

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Re: ULX bans.txt file breaking ULX
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 04:12:39 AM »
Please send me the file. Are you getting any errors in your server console on startup?
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 03:08:13 PM »
Are you still having this issue? I just tested workshop to no avail.

Offline joshh20

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 04:28:23 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I've just sent you my bans.txt file over a private message. I haven't tried it since I made the post, as I have players on my server now and don't want to interrupt them. As far as errors, no, I didn't notice any, but there are many lines so it is very possible that I missed it.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 05:25:34 PM »
I did not receive anything from you; you can email directly at megiddo@ulyssesmod.net

Offline joshh20

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 05:44:24 PM »
Weird, it must've not sent. I have emailed you now :)

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 11:57:33 AM »
I'm not sure what's causing the config not to load, but that's a secondary effect to a much larger problem... you have over a thousand bans; ULX attempts to load all of those in the engine immediately, and the source engine gives up halfway through and ignores all the rest (it's too much data for the source engine to deal with).

Fixing loading a large number of bans will be a high-priority to-do for us, and I suggest trimming your ban list in the mean time. We should have a fix out relatively quickly.

EDIT: I figured out your config problem and have pushed a fix to Git. The ban problem is trickier, but I'm working on a solution now.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 12:47:38 PM by Megiddo »

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 01:35:12 PM »
Okay, we have a fix for loading huge ban lists too. It's been pushed to workshop for your bug-fix enjoyment.

Offline joshh20

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 02:40:53 PM »
Alright thanks! I know the list is large, but we get a lot of players through the server that like to troll unfortunately. I certainly appreciate the fix here  :D