Author Topic: Help with Remover toolgun kick  (Read 1225 times)

Offline Gamma2120

Help with Remover toolgun kick
« on: April 05, 2017, 06:21:49 PM »
Hello, everyone.

I'm working on an idea my friend and I had a while back where you would be able to click on a player with your remover toolgun out and they'd be kicked with a predefined message. That's essentially how it'd work, although of course checks on what the entity you're clicking on would be in place to avoid trying to kick props, the world itself, etc. I'd also like to make a ulx permission for it so only certain ranks would be allowed to use the feature. With that being said, here's pretty much what's going through my mind here: Check to see if the remover is equipped, then check to see if the entity that was clicked on is a player, then run the ulx command "ulx kick <player> <previously specified reason>" For the most part, it sounds like it'd be pretty solid and simple to do, although I came across one major issue when working on this; you can't target players with your toolgun.

<tl;dr>
Is there any way I can make players targetable by toolguns, but only if your group has a certain permission?

Thank you in advance!

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
Re: Help with Remover toolgun kick
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 07:50:15 PM »
The default remover tool does not target players and it can not target players unless you rewrite the remover tool.