Author Topic: How can I remove specific permissions for a specific user?  (Read 977 times)

Offline Justin Prince

How can I remove specific permissions for a specific user?
« on: June 21, 2017, 01:27:44 PM »
Hello, I have a quick question I'd like someone to answer it for me, please.

Let's pretend we have a donator called Tom. Donators have access to the kick command, but Tom has apparently been abusing it. But the other donators seem to be using the command in a fair way. With this being said, I'd like to know if Tom could have his kick permission revoked without losing the entire rank completely.

Is there a possibility to do this? I saw that there's something called "Restrict player(s)" so I tried entering Steam ID's and it didn't work.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: How can I remove specific permissions for a specific user?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 05:58:48 PM »
Honestly, if they can't learn not to abuse powers, remove them.
Money should not guarantee pardon.

But, it is an educational answer.
 o ulx userdeny <player> <command> [<remove explicit allow or deny instead of outright denying: 0/1>] - Remove from a user's access.
 o ulx userdenyid <SteamID, IP, or UniqueID> <command> [<remove explicit allow or deny instead of outright denying: 0/1>] - Remove from a user's access.

From server console, you can use
Code: [Select]
ulx userdeny Tom "ulx kick"There's a way to do it in XGUI, but my apologies, I'm not taking the time to load it.

See also FAQ
https://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,3073.0.html
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming