Author Topic: How To Restrict Certain Players Items/props/Sents to be edited by certain ranks  (Read 1582 times)

Offline arussianjew

Hello i am a moderator of the server Zeita RP on gmod..we've had these problem for a bit now and i am wondering if there is a possible fix for it?..
whats happening is that normal users that aren't staff are able to change the material/color/properties etc. of other peoples props,sents,entities.. and even world spawned entities,sents and props like doors to houses or windows of houses on dark RP maps! which normally on every server Ive been on doesn't work and is restricted to staff members only(meaning you can only edit your own spawned props,entities,sents ect.. and not other players stuff and world owned stuff..unless you are a staff member which users are not..) as a staff member of the server i am allowed to edit other peoples stuff but users should not be able to edit anything except there own spawned stuff..printers,drugs,money,props ect..please help!
i would like to get this fixed..
it is very annoying and abuseable..
i do not want to restrict users from using it.. i just want to restrict them from changing or editing other peoples stuff(materials.color ect..)
My ULib/ULX versions:
ULib v..2.63
ULX v..3.73

Game mode(s) I am having this problem on:Dark RP

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
https://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,9873.0.html
Though the FAQ specifically mentions 'move', the same is true for modifying any property.
ULX has no prop protection built in.
This isn't due to ULX.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming