Author Topic: As I have now called it "ususpend"  (Read 3875 times)

Offline Kevin Parhami

As I have now called it "ususpend"
« on: August 04, 2017, 09:09:27 PM »
I am new to these forums and have not had a look around for this sort of thing that popped in to my head. Anyway, I was thinking you could add something to the ULX menu. "ususpend" Would suspend a certain ULX group's powers for "x" amount of time. Say if they abuse there powers they would get suspended, and after the suspension is up, they would receive there powers back. Sort of like putting there suspension on a timer. If this is in anyway possible, I think this would be a great idea.

Offline Caustic Soda-Senpai

• <Insert something clever here>
    • Steam Page
Re: As I have now called it "ususpend"
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 10:01:17 AM »
/abuses my admin powers
/gets suspended and slap on the wrist
/unsuspended
/abuses power to ban everyone out of spite
/gg

I actually recommend REMOVING admins that abuse power like that. If you insist on this suspend function, I recommend looking at the code for BTA's AutoPromote https://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,6791.0.html and reverse engineering a function.

EDIT:
After like 5 minutes of browsing, I found exactly what you wanted. https://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,5953.0.html
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 10:05:52 AM by Caustic Soda-Senpai »
Once you get to know me, you'll find you'll have never met me at all.

Offline iViscosity

• Respected Community Member
Re: As I have now called it "ususpend"
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 12:05:51 PM »
I don't think that's the thing he's looking for. I think what he means is something like TempAdd, just in reverse. So instead of adding someone to a group temporarily, they can remove them from the group temporarily. It would take a bit of code changes but you could probably change MrP's TempAdd to accomplish this.
I'm iViscosity. I like gaming and programming. Need some help? Shoot me PM.