Author Topic: Ideas for ULX v2 ( complete recode )  (Read 23013 times)

Offline darkdeath

Re: Ideas for ULX v2 ( complete recode )
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2006, 05:25:14 AM »
Ok ive got a very good idea for 2.0
make key 7 work in every menu!
bind 1 slot1
bind 2 slot2
bind 3 slot3
bind 4 slot4
bind 5 slot5
bind 6 slot6
bind 7 slot7
bind 8 slot8

maby u can set up every bind if u open the menu every time!
i don't know if its possible but it is an idea!

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2006, 09:59:46 AM »
Ok ive got a very good idea for 2.0
make key 7 work in every menu!
maby u can set up every bind if u open the menu every time!
i don't know if its possible but it is an idea!

People hate things that mess with their binds, and lua can't execute client commands anyways
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Maniac

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2006, 07:17:58 PM »
how about a votemaplist.ini?
so when any player types !votemap it comes up with a box with the maps specified in the list and then people vote for one  :)

Offline darkdeath

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2006, 08:30:34 AM »
Maby a rope cleaner ?

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2006, 05:17:43 PM »
Maby a rope cleaner ?

Yah, server cleaners are on my todo list already, sorry  :P

Offline Golden-Death

• Honored Lua Scripter
    • BlueFire
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2006, 06:28:27 PM »
Team naming function would be nice, seeing as I cant get it to work

[
ulx_teamred YAY
= red section of scoreboard named YAY
]

Offline darkdeath

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2006, 07:02:14 AM »
And maby blind people ! ;D

Offline piggy

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2006, 12:41:05 PM »
Maybe put in a funny script which can be some thing like ulx_tag "name" "The tag" so you can tag people and the tag get put above the players head that would be good you could have load of pre made tags in a drop down menu and u could make it so u could add your custom ones in as well using a config folder or just by entering new ones in via the console.

Offline Golden-Death

• Honored Lua Scripter
    • BlueFire
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2006, 04:59:29 PM »
Maybe put in a funny script which can be some thing like ulx_tag "name" "The tag" so you can tag people and the tag get put above the players head that would be good you could have load of pre made tags in a drop down menu and u could make it so u could add your custom ones in as well using a config folder or just by entering new ones in via the console.

Not sure if it still works, but I basically have made somehting like that...  Check the releases section for the overhead text plugin.

Offline piggy

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2006, 10:39:15 AM »
Plus when do u think the first beta will be out

Offline piggy

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2006, 10:44:16 AM »
Plus what about a spam watcher say which sais in console every time some one does some thing so if u have a random noob who cam in the server and started spamming ropes on every ones props u could look in console and see who it was some thing like that
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 10:52:03 AM by piggy »

Offline palehorse864

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2006, 10:55:15 AM »
Please do not rebind my keypad. I use that for all of my thrusters (And I usually use almost every key).  The ablitiy to rig up more than 10 thruster keys would be nice if possible.

What I really think this mod needs is improvement on the prop protection system.  I was impressed to find that chimneys are already restricted by default.  The prop protection system though sometimes seems to give rights to the wrong player. Sometimes, griefers will phys gun your unclaimed props as well to make sure you can't use them or delete them without deleting all your props of that type.

A voting system to unlock a players props temporarily would also be useful, though kicking them off the server with the current votekick system and then deleting everything after the grace period expires would also work.

What I really want though is a way to deal with players who want to chimney spam.  If they press the chimney button rapidly 3 times in succession for example, they freeze in place and catch fire or something and a big text message appears on my screen saying what they have done.

I have also noticed that sometimes people are able to weld to my protected props. However, I can't unweld these items from it as they are protected.

In my opinion, the anti spam and prop limiter systems along with prop protection are the key reasons for having this mod.

May I also suggest a no-spawn physical bubble of some sort?  I usually build fragile things and players are still able to grief by dropping containers and other such things.  A medium sized bubble where other players couldn't spawn props inside would be useful.  This bubble would also act as a physical object to the outside, allowing work to continue inside it while anything dropped just hits the bubble.  OF course, you would have to freeze it in place. I would limit it to one per player and make it unweldable so it couldn't become a griefing tool.  Some method of protection is definitely in order though to prevent people from dropping stuff on your creations.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2006, 11:04:50 AM »
Please do not rebind my keypad. I use that for all of my thrusters (And I usually use almost every key).  The ablitiy to rig up more than 10 thruster keys would be nice if possible.

What I really think this mod needs is improvement on the prop protection system.  I was impressed to find that chimneys are already restricted by default.  The prop protection system though sometimes seems to give rights to the wrong player. Sometimes, griefers will phys gun your unclaimed props as well to make sure you can't use them or delete them without deleting all your props of that type.

A voting system to unlock a players props temporarily would also be useful, though kicking them off the server with the current votekick system and then deleting everything after the grace period expires would also work.

What I really want though is a way to deal with players who want to chimney spam.  If they press the chimney button rapidly 3 times in succession for example, they freeze in place and catch fire or something and a big text message appears on my screen saying what they have done.

I have also noticed that sometimes people are able to weld to my protected props. However, I can't unweld these items from it as they are protected.

In my opinion, the anti spam and prop limiter systems along with prop protection are the key reasons for having this mod.

May I also suggest a no-spawn physical bubble of some sort?  I usually build fragile things and players are still able to grief by dropping containers and other such things.  A medium sized bubble where other players couldn't spawn props inside would be useful.  This bubble would also act as a physical object to the outside, allowing work to continue inside it while anything dropped just hits the bubble.  OF course, you would have to freeze it in place. I would limit it to one per player and make it unweldable so it couldn't become a griefing tool.  Some method of protection is definitely in order though to prevent people from dropping stuff on your creations.

ULX doesn't bind any buttons at all, you must be thinking of another mod.

Prop protection is as good as it can get in the current gmod version. It's very difficult to block welding and such because there aren't any events triggered for them.

Great ideas for future versions though!

Offline Golden-Death

• Honored Lua Scripter
    • BlueFire
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2006, 12:32:55 PM »
There is a mod I made a while back in the releases section that blocks chimneys, but its all chimneys, not just 3.

It plays a noise / resets player to spawn / prints a message to everyone / and blocks the spawning of it

Offline piggy

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2006, 02:50:51 PM »
What about a sound clip player that would be good