ULX

Author Topic: (solved) [TTT] ULX crashes server upon slaying all  (Read 2278 times)

Offline Windwhistle

(solved) [TTT] ULX crashes server upon slaying all
« on: October 13, 2017, 07:19:49 AM »
Running on the latest versions of ULX and ULIB.

My server crashes upon using the !slay * command in ULX. More precisely, it crashes fairly randomly regardless if the command is used or not. I could use the command 20 times in a row and everything will be fine, but the next time I use it when the round changes in TTT everything just stops. My players will be running around playing the game normally and the server will just crash in the same way that it would when the command does it.

Odd thing about this crash is that there are no errors whatsoever, it just kicks all players from the server and the server just freezes.

This crashing is a problem because it will happen when players are on the server just playing the game. I've tried numerous things to fix it, such as getting rid of all addons besides ULX, and yet it will still crash.

I have no idea what this type of crash means, but if anyone had any kind of similar problems and could point me to somewhat of a fix I'd be very grateful.

Originally posted on Facepunch forums, but decided to come here and see if anyone here had any answers to give as I am at a loss.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 11:37:43 PM by Windwhistle »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: [TTT] ULX crashes server upon slaying all
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 08:02:54 AM »
More precisely, it crashes fairly randomly regardless if the command is used or not

Moved your post to Off-Topic - your entire post describes what seems to be a non-ULX issue.
Perhaps someone else has time/tips to assist, but I'm betting server would crash randomly if you removed ULX too.
My Gmod server used to crash randomly years ago. I guess for some that still happens now.
There's often an amount of time, or action, or event that can lead to a game crash.
Unfortunately, it's been so long since I've run a Gmod server that I don't know what tools are available to help determine.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline monkeymacman

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 11:01:51 AM »
What addons are on your server? Did you make (or edit) any of them yourself?

Offline Windwhistle

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 08:39:26 PM »
What addons are on your server? Did you make (or edit) any of them yourself?

I removed all addons from my server, including ULX, and put in my own command for killing all the players and it doesn't crash anymore. ???

I do usually have my own addons in there, but they're been triple checked for anything wrong with them. No errors spew in the console, the server just freezes up.

Offline Windwhistle

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 11:37:28 PM »
Further testing made me realize that the CPU usage spikes up to 100% randomly, that's good.

I believe it's been solved. :)