Author Topic: Need help with ulx targeting  (Read 1883 times)

Offline connorxblackburn

Need help with ulx targeting
« on: November 07, 2017, 02:31:03 PM »
All of my ulx groups are finally setup, and all of the groups can target each other how I like, except from superadmin. all ranks can target superadmin
Any help ?

ULib v2.63d
ULX v3.73d

Offline iViscosity

• Respected Community Member
Re: Need help with ulx targeting
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 02:39:14 PM »
Just a quick look at the dump (not at home, hard to read on my phone) and I see that your superadmin group inherits from admin, however so does Senior-Admin. This will cause issues in inheritance. Like I always say, I don't recommend making a group higher than superadmin, because they have access to everything by default, and is the highest rank recognized by Garry's Mod (is considered the owner with root access). If you still need that, though, just make sure each group is inheriting from the group below it.

Edit: I'm not positive, but the hyphens in the names could be contributing to this as well, best to make names one word.
I'm iViscosity. I like gaming and programming. Need some help? Shoot me PM.

Offline connorxblackburn

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 09:55:33 AM »
Just a quick look at the dump (not at home, hard to read on my phone) and I see that your superadmin group inherits from admin, however so does Senior-Admin. This will cause issues in inheritance. Like I always say, I don't recommend making a group higher than superadmin, because they have access to everything by default, and is the highest rank recognized by Garry's Mod (is considered the owner with root access). If you still need that, though, just make sure each group is inheriting from the group below it.

Edit: I'm not positive, but the hyphens in the names could be contributing to this as well, best to make names one word.
I have done everything you have said and Every rank can still target superadmin

Offline iViscosity

• Respected Community Member
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 11:29:17 AM »
I'll go through your inheritance chain and point out issues I see.

Code: [Select]
[KEY] Group: inherit: can_target
user: _: *
noaccess: user:
operator: user: !%admin
T-Mod: operator: !%Mod
Mod: T-Mod: !%Senior-Mod
Senior-Mod: Mod: !%Admin-Use
Admin-Use: Senior-Mod: !%Senior-Admin
admin: operator: !%superadmin
superadmin: admin: *
Senior-Admin: admin: !%Head-Mod
Head-Mod: Senior-Admin: !%Head-Admin
Head-Admin: Head-Mod: !%Head-Of-Staff
Head-Of-Staff: Head-Admin: !%Co-Founder
Co-Founder: superadmin: !%Founder
Founder: Co-Founder: *

Now I'll break down some issues I see, try to figure out how to fix them yourself.

• "operator"'s can_target is "!%admin", yet there are 4 groups between "operator" and "admin".
  • "superadmin" inherits from "admin" yet "Co-Founder" inherits from "superadmin". "superadmin" will need a can_target change as well.
  • "admin" inherits from "operator", and "superadmin" inherits from "admin". I think you should just remove "Admin-Use" and use "admin".

Right now you have two chains, but "superadmin" and "operator" are used in both (here's a bad representation):
        noaccess                                               
user    operator  admin              superadmin
          operator    T-Mod    Mod    Senior-Mod    Admin-Use    Senior-Admin    Head-Mod    Head-Admin    Head-Of-Staff    superadmin    Co-Founder    Founder[/list]
I'm iViscosity. I like gaming and programming. Need some help? Shoot me PM.

Offline connorxblackburn

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 12:52:25 PM »
I'll go through your inheritance chain and point out issues I see.

Code: [Select]
[KEY] Group: inherit: can_target
user: _: *
noaccess: user:
operator: user: !%admin
T-Mod: operator: !%Mod
Mod: T-Mod: !%Senior-Mod
Senior-Mod: Mod: !%Admin-Use
Admin-Use: Senior-Mod: !%Senior-Admin
admin: operator: !%superadmin
superadmin: admin: *
Senior-Admin: admin: !%Head-Mod
Head-Mod: Senior-Admin: !%Head-Admin
Head-Admin: Head-Mod: !%Head-Of-Staff
Head-Of-Staff: Head-Admin: !%Co-Founder
Co-Founder: superadmin: !%Founder
Founder: Co-Founder: *
    Now I'll break down some issues I see, try to figure out how to fix them yourself.

• "operator"'s can_target is "!%admin", yet there are 4 groups between "operator" and "admin".
    • "superadmin" inherits from "admin" yet "Co-Founder" inherits from "superadmin". "superadmin" will need a can_target change as well.
    • "admin" inherits from "operator", and "superadmin" inherits from "admin". I think you should just remove "Admin-Use" and use "admin".

Right now you have two chains, but "superadmin" and "operator" are used in both (here's a bad representation):
            noaccess                                               
    user    operator  admin              superadmin
              operator    T-Mod    Mod    Senior-Mod    Admin-Use    Senior-Admin    Head-Mod    Head-Admin    Head-Of-Staff    superadmin    Co-Founder    Founder
I have now fixed it thank you soo much for all your help