ULX

Author Topic: New Sandbox Game From Facepunch  (Read 2108 times)

Offline bender180

• Benders Villa
New Sandbox Game From Facepunch
« on: February 17, 2018, 10:19:56 PM »
Looks like Garry has made some decent progress on what he see's as a potential successor to Garry's mod.

https://sandbox.facepunch.com

Looks pretty interesting from the small dev blog posted. Notable things are that its Unreal 4 not source 2, and he's ditched lua in favor of hot loading c#.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 10:22:03 PM by bender180 »
Made community pool and community bowling and for the life of me couldn't tell you why they are popular.
Also made the ttt ulx commands.

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
Re: New Sandbox Game From Facepunch
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 10:47:13 PM »
I've been low-key following this for a few months now. I'm cautiously optimistic.

I would LOVE something like garrysmod (the ability to script my own games on top of an existing popular engine) but with a newer and more powerful engine, but we'll see if this ever comes to fruition.

Offline bender180

• Benders Villa
Re: New Sandbox Game From Facepunch
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 08:30:57 AM »
Yeah, the source engine is definitely a dated engine now, and it seems a lot of modders are hitting the limits of what they can do in Garry's Mod. If facepunch and Garry make this game a reality i'd love to see what the community can build on top of an engine as powerful as unreal.
Made community pool and community bowling and for the life of me couldn't tell you why they are popular.
Also made the ttt ulx commands.