ULX

Author Topic: Limiting Server Adverts to certain groups?  (Read 1269 times)

Offline Zellogi

Limiting Server Adverts to certain groups?
« on: February 18, 2018, 08:56:29 AM »
The title pretty much says it all, I'm helping a friend with his server and I know pretty much everything about ULX, but I'm making a server advert that says something along the lines of "if you're enjoying the server, sign up on our forums", but I only want this visible to the default 'user' group, as every other group would have registered and become the 'member' rank. How would I go about doing this?

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
Re: Limiting Server Adverts to certain groups?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 01:38:48 PM »
As far as I know, this is not possible in ULX by dafault. You would need to write your own advert system to do something like this.

Offline Zellogi

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 12:25:59 AM »
If this is not presently possible, then maybe could it be implemented in a future version of ULX? A lot of servers could benefit from a feature like this.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 05:20:27 PM »
It could.
The question is 'would'.
And the answer is likely not.
Adverts are an additional feature of ULX, not a core 'admin' value.
For the additional complexity adding this (not to be confused with difficulty making this), I believe it wouldn't be beneficial as a feature in a default install.

It's a great idea for a beginner to learn Lua and interaction with ULib/ULX though and make a new plugin for our releases section.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming