Author Topic: people admin and higher can promote themselves  (Read 1772 times)

Offline Umaru

people admin and higher can promote themselves
« on: March 02, 2018, 03:52:55 PM »
I made some groups because i need more than just super admin and people that are admin and higher can promote themselves! this is a major issue and i need help as soon as possible. i have already set ulx add user restrictions so that for example senior admin can only add users to admin or user, or atleast i think? ill put a screen shot.
https://gyazo.com/df12a0cd0da53538d072040bd3ae2559
if that is not what i intended to do please tell me how i can make it so they cant promote themselves to higher ranks or other players to higher ranks.

Offline iViscosity

• Respected Community Member
Re: people admin and higher can promote themselves
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 05:08:31 PM »
I made some groups because i need more than just super admin and people that are admin and higher can promote themselves! this is a major issue and i need help as soon as possible. i have already set ulx add user restrictions so that for example senior admin can only add users to admin or user, or atleast i think? ill put a screen shot.
https://gyazo.com/df12a0cd0da53538d072040bd3ae2559
if that is not what i intended to do please tell me how i can make it so they cant promote themselves to higher ranks or other players to higher ranks.
Considering you have "admin.." as your whitelist, that could be your issue. Try removing that and readding just "admin" (without quotes)

Sent using Tapatalk. Owner of iViscosity Gaming.

I'm iViscosity. I like gaming and programming. Need some help? Shoot me PM.

Offline Umaru

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 05:20:10 PM »
Considering you have "admin.." as your whitelist, that could be your issue. Try removing that and readding just "admin" (without quotes)

Sent using Tapatalk. Owner of iViscosity Gaming.
the reason its admin.. is because i named the group that because i think regular admin gives to much power and i heard that you shouldnt change its perms

Offline iViscosity

• Respected Community Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 01:53:52 PM »
You can give admin any permission you want. It's just that ulx commands with the "ULib.ACCESS_ADMIN" tag will be given to the admin group by default (which you can then remove if need be). You don't want to change the name of the admin group, that's all. I know there are sometimes issues with group names that have non-underscore symbols in them, so again that could be your issue.

Oh and also, putting "user" as a whitelist option is pointless, because "ulx adduser player user" is functionally equivalent to "ulx removeuser player".

Edit: And just so you know, you are right in the assumption that those values are what the group can add to. It's a whitelist, which is a list of available options, as opposed to a blacklist which is a list of unavailable options.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 01:56:15 PM by iViscosity »
I'm iViscosity. I like gaming and programming. Need some help? Shoot me PM.