Author Topic: blurscreen in css code  (Read 2077 times)

Offline Ballerd

blurscreen in css code
« on: March 17, 2018, 11:06:20 AM »
How would I do blurscreen in css? I know how to do it in lua but but to sure about css....

Thanks for any help
-Ballerd

Offline BlueNova

• The most powerful force in the universe.
Re: blurscreen in css code
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 02:33:53 PM »
I'm confused.

Are you asking how to have a blurred effect in CSS, like on a webpage?

Offline Ballerd

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 02:35:41 PM »
Yes

Offline BlueNova

• The most powerful force in the universe.
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 02:38:57 PM »
Well not sure really a forum for ULX and primarily Garry's Mod and Lua/GLua help is the best place to ask for assistance in web development but...

I used to know how to do it but don't really work in CSS too often. Here's a little article I found on doing it - Fancy Link

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 04:03:41 PM »
You're more than able to ask about CSS in Off-Topic, or even Developer's corner, but, please don't use the Ulysses help and support section of the forum for off-topic (to Ulysses projects) questions. Post moved.
(and, in agreement with BlueNova, don't expect fastest/best answers here. We're IT geeks, but we're few and far between as opposed to an online forum or web training dedicated to your question)
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
  • What even IS software anymore?
    • XGUI
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 08:59:41 AM »
The blurscreen method provided by Garry's Mod (lua) can not be used within the HTML panel at all.

Secondly, the current browser implementation within Garry's Mod is "Awesomium", and is very old, outdated, and buggy. I would be surprised if the CSS3 filters linked by Ballerd work at all in-game.

So, your only other options are to overlay a blur panel on top of the HTML panel (which is likely not what you want, or would be insanely difficult to blur only the parts you wanted), or you'll have to wait until Gmod officially switches to 'Chromium', a separate browser technology. They have an implementation you can play with on a beta branch (search Facepunch for more details), but you'd still have to force all of your players to switch to that branch.
Join our Team Ulysses community discord! https://discord.gg/gR4Uye6