Author Topic: what are some examples of the features in ULX that has been most helpful?  (Read 414 times)

Offline learngoodinfo

showing the common cases where the features has been most helpful to you would help with the understanding of how they're helpful

screenshot or .gifs are also helpful

Offline Vaporouscreeper

• TheBox steam group
All the ulx and ULib functions in the docs http://ulyssesmod.net/docs/files/lua/ulib/client/draw-lua.html

Code: Lua
  1. function ulx.functionname(params)
  2.        --code that runs when the command is called
  3. end
  4. local name = ulx.command(string category,string console command,ulx.functionname,string chat command,boolean)
  5. name:addParam{type=ULib.cmds.PlayerArg} --asks for a target
  6. name:defaultAccess(ULib.ACCESS_ADMIN)
  7. name:help(string help) --shows what you put in here under the command button in the ulx gui

Eg:
Code: Lua
  1. local CATEGORY_NAME = "Testing"
  3. function ulx.respawn(calling_ply,target_ply)
  4.         if not target_ply:Alive() then
  5.                 target_ply:Spawn()
  6.                 ulx.fancyLogAdmin(calling_ply, false,"#A respawned #T", target_ply)
  7.         else
  8.                 ULib.tsayError(calling_ply,target_ply:Nick().." is Ragdolled or Alive")
  9.         end
  10. end
  12. local respawn = ulx.command(CATEGORY_NAME, "ulx respawn", ulx.respawn, "!respawn", false)
  13. respawn:addParam{type=ULib.cmds.PlayerArg}
  14. respawn:defaultAccess(ULib.ACCESS_ADMIN)
  15. respawn:help("Respawns target player")
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 12:18:48 AM by Vaporouscreeper »
I'm a Moderator on a server called TheBox. and i'm mostly active on it

Offline learngoodinfo

what would experienced users say are the most helpful ones, and what are examples to show how they are helpful?

Offline BlueNova

• The most powerful force in the universe.
    • My Site
what would experienced users say are the most helpful ones, and what are examples to show how they are helpful?

Well it depends on what you want to do. Commands/modules are only helpful if they accomplish what you want them to.
Penguin Servers Super Administrator
ByB Super Administrator / ByB Contributor

If you need any help then feel free to PM me or add me on Steam or join my discord. Links available below:

Discord
Steam

Offline learngoodinfo

some things are typically helpful to most ppl

what are those things?

Offline Timmy

• Respected Community Member
  • Code monkey
Feature: Large variety of gamemode-agnostic commands
How is it helpful? When a troublemaker joins the server, I am handed a high-quality toolbelt to handle such a situation. I can use basic commands like `ulx kick`, `ulx ban` and `ulx mute`. Or I can have some fun with the player: `ulx whip` them into the air, throw them in `ulx jail` or `ulx maul` them to death.

Feature: Powerful targeting system
How is it helpful? When I want to target a specific player or a group of players, it’s easy. Teleport all players to you, because you want to show them your awesome decal? Run `ulx bring *`.

Feature: Support for modules built by third-parties
How is it helpful? Does ULX not have the feature you’re looking for? Have a look at the 'Releases' section on the forums and grab a custom module that adds even more features to ULX. Or create your very own module and write that command you’ve always wanted!

Feature: XGUI
How is it helpful? Not all staff members may enjoy working with a command-line interface. Stickly Man! has built XGUI, an easy-to-use and intuitive GUI for ULX. Every ULX feature is available through XGUI.

Feature: Battle-tested
How is it helpful? It gives peace of mind to know that ULX was battle-tested by a large part of the Garry’s Mod community. It’s had kinks ironed out, it’s had new features added at the behest of users, and it’s stable. It's had hours and hours of time put into it. ULX v3 has been around since 2008(?). It’s unlikely that it’s going to go away any time soon.

Feature: Ulysses forums
How is it helpful? The Ulysses forums are populated by helpful and friendly people. They will guide you in the right direction, provide instructions or give advice when you need it.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 07:16:36 AM by Timmy »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
I <3 you Timmy
Well said.
The price one pays for pursuing any profession or calling is an intimate knowledge of its ugly side. - James Baldwin

Offline learngoodinfo

How is it helpful?

5 blue bars not for nothing yea

now that's solid keepsake actually real answer

gold