ULX

Author Topic: Rank-up after a certain time  (Read 3054 times)

Offline KromBooLLl

Rank-up after a certain time
« on: May 02, 2018, 05:53:40 AM »
How to make a rank-up after a certain time that player already have been played on server (automatically)?
For example: Player have been playing on server for 24 hours and then ULX automatically ranking-up player from "user" to "user+" (or any other group).

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Rank-up after a certain time
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 07:55:31 PM »
First, Team Ulysses doesn't recommend this. It grows your user file large rather quickly, for any player that might only visit your server a few times.

Second, search the Releases section of our forum for "Autopromote"
I think 2-3 were released at one time. I'm unsure if any still work. Support for any of them would be asked in the release thread of the one you are using.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Usry

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 08:11:20 AM »
Doesn't this reward bad behavior like afk-ing? People would want to be online as much as possible to hit those rank-ups and do anything to hit them as fast as possible. Which would bring trouble. Just my thoughts, maybe there are ways to counter this.
Check this ZQuiet review out.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 04:49:53 PM »
Usry, there's also AntiAFK in our releases forum, or at least, was at one time.
(Though I give an option to fight AFK, we at Team Ulysses still do not recommend using automated time based promotion)
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 11:52:01 PM »
https://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,10632.0.html

JamminR is right though. If you do this, you will only regret it later unless you are savvy enough to be using one of the MySQL implementations of ULib out there. ULX/ULib was not designed to handle hundreds/thousands of users with ranks assigned. (this is something we're addressing in ULX4)