ULX

Author Topic: Ulx Target System  (Read 2974 times)

Offline tronical_rp

Ulx Target System
« on: May 28, 2018, 04:46:46 AM »
Been trying for ages to get these to work properly. I have been speaking to my server support for about 3 days, they have finally said that I should come here as they are not sure what is wrong.

Ranks:
-owner
-head-admin
-senior-admin
-administrator
-t-mod

-Vip+
-Vip
-User

What do I need to do, to make sure that all these ranks link and that groups can only pickup their own group or lower? I also want owner to be inherited from superadmin.

-Tronic

Offline iViscosity

• Respected Community Member
Re: Ulx Target System
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 07:16:32 AM »
What are all of your inherits and can_targets?
I'm iViscosity. I like gaming and programming. Need some help? Shoot me PM.

Offline tronical_rp

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 08:39:26 AM »
I deleted them all as they we're working, but it was this i think:

Rank                           Inherit               Target
owner                          superadmin              *
headadmin                  senioradmin          !%headadmin
senioradmin                 administrator       !%senioradmin
administrator                 moderator          !%administrator
moderator                      tmod                  !%moderator
tmod                             user                      !%user

The thing is, i want it so every group below 'owner' can pick up their own group or lower. However, I want owner to be able to pick up all.

Offline iViscosity

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 08:52:10 AM »
If you want them to be able to target their own group, make the can_target the group above (for example senioradmin will have !%headadmin.

Edit: Also, because owner inherits from superadmin, it is not in the inheritance chain and will probably cause issues. To be safe, just make superadmin inherit from headadmin with a can_target of !%owner and keep owner the same.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 08:54:08 AM by iViscosity »

Offline tronical_rp

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 01:31:41 PM »
I've done this, works great! Thankyou, however- I am also wanting a Vip + Vip+ of each, how would these go? (I basically want all staff ranks, where as they are just staff rank, a vip version and a vip+ version.

Offline iViscosity

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 01:34:09 PM »
I've done this, works great! Thankyou, however- I am also wanting a Vip + Vip+ of each, how would these go? (I basically want all staff ranks, where as they are just staff rank, a vip version and a vip+ version.
Do you mean a VIP version of these staff? In that case, it's kind of weird. Basically you'd have to have separate groups (such as administrator_vip). If I had to choose, they'd go directly above their regular counterparts (administrator < administrator_vip < administrator_vip+ < headadmin < ...).

Edit: But then you'd have to change inheritances and can_targets and it becomes complicated if you want VIP groups to have certain positions that staff don't.

Offline tronical_rp

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 05:03:19 PM »
What would be the best way around this then? Or? I want it so staff dont just get vip/vip+ for free

Offline iViscosity

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 07:00:46 PM »
What would be the best way around this then? Or? I want it so staff dont just get vip/vip+ for free
If you're willing to spend the time doing it, you could setup pseudo-branches. Since ULX only natively supports one linear branch, you could setup inheritances to get permissions and such (where your staff VIP groups inherit from VIP+ first) and then set the can_target to the groups they explicitly can target (using $group, or oppositely setting what they cannot explicitly target using !$group).

Offline tronical_rp

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2018, 06:10:09 AM »
Not a clue how to do that honestly sounds like it would mess with my head.

Offline tronical_rp

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2018, 08:14:28 PM »
Is it possible that anyone could do that for me? So I have my staff ranks:

superadmin
head-admin
senior-admin
administrator
t-mod

vip+
vip
user

(Is it possible that someone could make it so that there is also a vip and vip+ version of the staff ranks, which all link into the inherit system? If someone could do this I'd appreciate it so much. Or just how to do it so that I can easily do it. I would be more than thankful! I've seen other servers doing this, I'd really like to do it.

Offline Caustic Soda-Senpai

• <Insert something clever here>
    • Steam Page
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2018, 09:26:17 PM »
Do you mean a VIP version of these staff? In that case, it's kind of weird. Basically you'd have to have separate groups (such as administrator_vip). If I had to choose, they'd go directly above their regular counterparts (administrator < administrator_vip < administrator_vip+ < headadmin < ...).

Edit: But then you'd have to change inheritances and can_targets and it becomes complicated if you want VIP groups to have certain positions that staff don't.

You have to do literally what he said.

Start from the bottom and work your way up. (> = inherits from) user > vip > vip+ > tmod > tmodvip > tmodvip+ > etc..
In your inheritance chain you'll want it so tmod can target everyone below moderator. So all three tmod ranks should have can_target !%moderator. Next level up you want moderator > moderatorvip > moderatorvip+. All three should have can_target !%administrator.

Personally, I disagree with the idea of staff having VIP status on a server but if you want it so they inherit each other and have the same targets, then it's a long and painful process. If you do it all correctly, they SHOULD be in order in the ULX GUI ranks menu.

If you need further help, feel free to contact me.
Once you get to know me, you'll find you'll have never met me at all.

Offline Lethal

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2018, 04:55:14 PM »
Target from the rank above and inherit from the rank below. thats how i did it