ULX

Author Topic: Steam ID ban prevention  (Read 2489 times)

Offline KewlerGames

Steam ID ban prevention
« on: May 02, 2018, 06:33:59 PM »
This sub-forum is only for help or discussion regarding projects created by Team Ulysses. If you are requesting help, please search the forums FIRST to make sure your question has not already been answered. If you still need help, fill in the following information.

How would I stop a certain steam ID from being banned? I recently promoted a staff member to Junior Admin and they banned my steam ID and the co-owners steam id, etc. How can I stop this from happening at all, I found a Steam ID Whitelist not a blacklist

Any help is appreciated!

ULib v2.63d (10/09/17)
ULX v3.73d (11/05/17)

Game mode(s) I am having this problem on: (DarkRP) But it applies all across ULX

Offline KewlerGames

Re: Steam ID ban prevention
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 11:07:24 AM »
If anyone is wondering how he did it, it was via steam id bans which the bypass ulx targeting system, he couldn't ban me normally but with a steam id ban then he could

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 01:07:59 PM »
superadmin and admin access on a server, whether or not you are running ULX or not, have powers that must be held in utmost trust.
If you're running ULX and a group inherits from admin, or a custom group has access to ulx rcon, ulx banid, and several other 'trusted only' permissions, there's no easy way to prevent what you describe.
DarkRP may also give permissions we have no control over.

Best advice - Don't give so many keys to the kingdom.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline KewlerGames

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 10:07:42 AM »
I trusted him alot and it wasn't him but in the command if you highlight the permissions of that command it says steam id whitelist and I'm simply wondering if it's possible to put my steam id on there so I cannot be banned

Offline Lethal

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 05:04:50 PM »
If you go into !Menu and go to banid it will say "Restrict Steamid" put your steam id in there and get back if that does not work. You might have them to target you as well, the only way they could of banned you is if they were able to target you. :D