Author Topic: U-Time webpanel leaderboard  (Read 3933 times)

Offline SweetShoregamer

U-Time webpanel leaderboard
« on: January 14, 2019, 11:02:08 AM »
Does anyone know of any public web panel leader-board that links in with Utime? so that i can have a leader-board on my website that lists all users and their times?

Offline iViscosity

• Respected Community Member
Re: U-Time webpanel leaderboard
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 11:17:08 AM »
I do not know of any off the top of my head but with a few HTTP requests with some HTML, PHP, and CSS, making one shouldn't be too hard (I don't know how but looking into that may help)

iViscosity - Mod Developer

I'm iViscosity. I like gaming and programming. Need some help? Shoot me PM.

Offline SweetShoregamer

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 11:52:35 AM »
Thanks i was wondering if you could potentially modify one that was made for like RankMe to read the utime database
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 12:01:02 PM by SweetShoregamer »

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 10:22:53 PM »
You would need the MySQL version of UTime.

Sure, you could modify an existing leaderboard to show UTime status, but this is not really the place to ask for someone to do work for you.

While we are always more than happy to assist you in your own projects, you'll have a hard time finding someone here to just pick up and do a project for you. Especially one as involved as what you're asking for.

Offline iViscosity

• Respected Community Member
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 10:34:47 PM »
You would need the MySQL version of UTime.

Sure, you could modify an existing leaderboard to show UTime status, but this is not really the place to ask for someone to do work for you.

While we are always more than happy to assist you in your own projects, you'll have a hard time finding someone here to just pick up and do a project for you. Especially one as involved as what you're asking for.
A nicer way to explain it than I probably could have :)

It's true, though. I, and many others here, would be glad to help you with any problems during your projects, but you will be hard pressed to find someone who will outright do it for you, especially, like MrP said, with it being as involved as it is.

I can, however, point you in the right direction -- or, at least, where I would start looking.

First, to reiterate MrP again, you'd need the MySQL version of UTime. I'm on my phone so I can't provide the link but it shouldn't be hard to find.

Next, you'd either need to find an existing MySQL-based leaderboards system in the format you'd like, or create one from scratch if you have HTML, PHP, and CSS experience (which I don't but there are many online sources).

Then, you'd need to simply pull the information from the database on your web app and post it on the site.

Sounds much more complicated than it is. It's really just pushing data to a database with Lua, pulling said with PHP, and then using CSS && HTML/PHP to display that data in a readable format.

Again, much less complicated than it sounds, but we will be here along the way to help, that is if you decide to do it.

As an alternative, there's always Scriptfodder (or whatever it's called now).

I'm iViscosity. I like gaming and programming. Need some help? Shoot me PM.

Offline SweetShoregamer

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 01:05:01 PM »
A nicer way to explain it than I probably could have :)

It's true, though. I, and many others here, would be glad to help you with any problems during your projects, but you will be hard pressed to find someone who will outright do it for you, especially, like MrP said, with it being as involved as it is.

I can, however, point you in the right direction -- or, at least, where I would start looking.

First, to reiterate MrP again, you'd need the MySQL version of UTime. I'm on my phone so I can't provide the link but it shouldn't be hard to find.

Next, you'd either need to find an existing MySQL-based leaderboards system in the format you'd like, or create one from scratch if you have HTML, PHP, and CSS experience (which I don't but there are many online sources).

Then, you'd need to simply pull the information from the database on your web app and post it on the site.

Sounds much more complicated than it is. It's really just pushing data to a database with Lua, pulling said with PHP, and then using CSS && HTML/PHP to display that data in a readable format.

Again, much less complicated than it sounds, but we will be here along the way to help, that is if you decide to do it.

As an alternative, there's always Scriptfodder (or whatever it's called now).

Sorry, you must of misunderstood, i wasn't at any point asking for someone to do it for me i was simply asking if if there was already a public one already available or if it could be done that way i specified in my second post, my Utime is already MySQL based, i will look into this, thank you
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 01:06:44 PM by SweetShoregamer »