Author Topic: Can't Join Server Unless Super Admin  (Read 2528 times)

Offline [GL] KoreanBiscuit

Can't Join Server Unless Super Admin
« on: October 09, 2018, 01:10:05 PM »
Hey I have been searching everywhere for this and the issue I am having is that I am currently running my server with GMChosting and We are currently trying to get everything set up but my friends can't join the server unless I set them as SuperAdmin and if I don't set them as Superadmin it will go to sending client info and then it will kick them back into the loading screen.

I hope some of you can help me with this issue hoping it's a quick fix!

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Can't Join Server Unless Super Admin
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 07:55:36 PM »
Sounds like you've set reserved slots too high and/or with incorrect mode.
Your server console should be logging this saying "kicked X due to reserved slot" or something to that effect.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline [GL] KoreanBiscuit

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 11:28:31 PM »
Hello,

Thanks for the reply I thought that at first but it isn't that it seems if you aren't a superadmin ulx group rank my friend said once you hit sending client info and shows the motd it kicks you off the server and goes back to a loading screen.
I'm not sure if anyone has a solution for this issue but please leave an answer or possible ideas please!

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 09:36:32 AM »
Possibly a conflicting mod if you are sure it is not a reserved slot issue.

Try removing ALL of your mods except ULX and see if you can join as a non-superadmin.

If that works, add them back in a few at a time until you find out what is causing it.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 03:15:16 PM »
Check server console for messages of why it kicked. ULX logs it, and I'd hope, other addons/subscriptions do the same.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 03:17:52 PM »
The way he worded it "kicked them back into the loading screen" makes me think that it's a disconnect and not necessarily a 'kick'.

It's hard to say, but that's why I suggested removing all addons to find the culprit.

If it were a kick, I would assume there would be a kick message or some kind of a logged event, but he makes it sound like that's not that case.

Offline genokoenig

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 10:24:03 AM »
I have had this before, you my friend have a backdoor.

bars

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 11:31:56 AM »
Though very possible, not absolutely.
We've seen admin mod and addon conflicts cause issues like this far more often than exploits.
Either way, if server log text during the kick could not be searched in text code to determine if it's ULX or which addon, MrPresident's remove all, add back one at a time method would find the offending addon, be it conflicting, or exploited (or perhaps yes even both)