ULX

Author Topic: Lua error in sandbox  (Read 1444 times)

Offline TheRealSociaLFish

Lua error in sandbox
« on: October 14, 2018, 04:53:16 PM »
ULib v.. 2.63w
ULX v.. 3.73w

Game mode(s) I am having this problem on: Sandbox

Code: [Select]
[ULib] lua/autorun/server/firtina_handler.lua:212: attempt to call field 'IsCar' (a nil value)
  1. fn - lua/autorun/server/firtina_handler.lua:212
   2. Call - lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:109
    3. MakeVehicle - gamemodes/sandbox/gamemode/commands.lua:846
     4. Spawn_Vehicle - gamemodes/sandbox/gamemode/commands.lua:886
      5. LeftClick - gamemodes/sandbox/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/creator.lua:23
       6. unknown - gamemodes/sandbox/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/shared.lua:227

This happens when i try to spawn any vehicle, when i press Z to remove it afterwards it completely ignored the car/scar and removes whatever i spawned prior to it. I have to use remover tool to remove them. The vehicles themselves seem to be working fine, it's just that it's a pain trying to set up a scene.
I'm not sure if there is another addon causing this, but even if there is then it'd be nice for the error to be fixed without uninstalling too much since i need to use what i have installed.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Lua error in sandbox
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 07:45:37 PM »
The only reason you see any mention of ULib in that is because we update the hook system (and quite well, I might add).
Your likely issue is whatever addon adds lua/autorun/server/firtina_handler.lua, not ULib.
(I'm not saying that with 100% certainty, only 98%- confidence is high it's not ULib causing your error)

Edit - using a quick search of google, I can't narrow down what that file belongs too.
Perhaps a Storm addon?
Or a howitzer / cannon?

« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 07:47:54 PM by JamminR »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline TheRealSociaLFish

Re: Lua error in sandbox
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 01:51:14 PM »
You were right, it was a tank addon causing it. Thanks for the clarification and help.