ULX

Author Topic: PrivKeys (pKeys remake)  (Read 6790 times)

Offline XxLMM13xX

• New to lua development
    • Twitch
PrivKeys (pKeys remake)
« on: September 27, 2015, 04:22:21 PM »
PrivKeys (pKeys remake)

Current version: 1.0.0
What is this?
This addon is a great addition to ANY darkrp server. This addon allows you to make "keys" aka passwords in order to give players ranks.

How can this be used?
(this was my reason) Well lets say your using ulx/ulib, utime, and auto promote... Now when you play for 10 hours you get rank member! (or whatever) Now with this addon you can make a key (random OR custom) and say "Join the website now and get free member!" so the player joins the website and gets a key. They then go in-game and type !privkey in chat and a window pops up and they paste the key in and BAM! automatic rank! (this is just one way this can be used!)

Whats pKeys and why is this different?
Well pKeys is the SAME concept but a little more basic. My config is a little larger and the ui looks WAY better. Also with mine you can make a custom password OR/AND a random password where in pKeys you can only make a random one. Also you can choose to have perma keys or temp keys... (as seen in video)

YOUTUBE VIDEO
pKeys
Facepunch post

How do i download this?
First you need to be logged in and click the download link below.. then place in garrysmod/addons

NOTES:
  • THIS ADDON IS BASED OF OF pKeys AND JUST RE-DONE BY ME ABOUT 80% OF THE CREDITS GO TO Adzter OVER AT FACEPUNCH
  • This system also includes a version check!
  • Be sure to like and subscribe to my youtube channel! Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 04:39:31 PM by XxLMM13xX »

Offline 3RB

Re: PrivKeys (pKeys remake)
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 05:47:43 PM »
Its awesome i like it too much  :D

Offline XxLMM13xX

• New to lua development
    • Twitch
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 05:58:32 PM »
Its awesome i like it too much  :D

Thanks!

Offline Zmaster

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 07:39:42 PM »
Looks good, but I have one--maybe two-- suggestions

Perhaps instead of having one setting for either one use or infinite use codes, maybe have a setting for each code so one can be a one use code and another can be infinite use code

And suggestion number 2, maybe having a set number of uses for a code, so a server owner could tweet something like "first 5 players to use code X get rank Y"

Offline XxLMM13xX

• New to lua development
    • Twitch
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 02:47:27 AM »
Looks good, but I have one--maybe two-- suggestions

Perhaps instead of having one setting for either one use or infinite use codes, maybe have a setting for each code so one can be a one use code and another can be infinite use code

And suggestion number 2, maybe having a set number of uses for a code, so a server owner could tweet something like "first 5 players to use code X get rank Y"

Awesome idea! I will use this in my next updat!

Offline gordon301

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 03:09:44 AM »
Very Nice!

Im not sure how possible this is, but I would like to have some way of having my website generate a new key each time a member signs up, this would be to avoid people sharing the code.

Thanks again :)
//Gordon

Offline XxLMM13xX

• New to lua development
    • Twitch
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 05:08:12 AM »
Very Nice!

Im not sure how possible this is, but I would like to have some way of having my website generate a new key each time a member signs up, this would be to avoid people sharing the code.

Thanks again :)
//Gordon

Hmmm I'll see if I can find a way to do this!