Author Topic: Lower ULX Ranks can physgun a higher rank  (Read 2672 times)

Offline RedDerater

Lower ULX Ranks can physgun a higher rank
« on: November 19, 2018, 04:08:37 PM »
Hello! I am utterly confused and annoyed at this.
I have my ranks set up pretty basicually atm, user<t-mod<admin<superadmin<owner
I have read that there are problems by having an owners rank BUT that doesn't really explain my problem.
So my t-mods are able to physgun me as the owner and me as the owner are not able to able to move ANYONES props.
i have made it so the owner rank inherits from the superadmin rank and i tried switching to the superadmin rank and the problem is the same.

i have also tried re installing and deleteing ulx, ulib, the garrysmod/data/ulx and the garrysmod/data/ulib and nothing happened, the ranks were still there and it didn't fix anything. i have it so t-mod inherits from user and i haven't touched any file codes or anything.

It all started when i started making more ranks.

please help me

//kr Red

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Lower ULX Ranks can physgun a higher rank
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 06:51:44 PM »
Ulx has nothing to do with being able to move others props.
See FAQ -     
Help! <Some group> can move <some other groups> props? Why?

As for being able to physgun each other, we MIGHT be able to help, but it's likely caused by the same mod that's monitoring your prop access overriding ULX.
We can check reasonably quick for you - please run a "ulx debuginfo" from server console while you and someone else who can physgun you that you have set to not target you are connected to the server. The server console will tell you about a file output - attach that file to your next post using 'attachments and other options' link.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline RedDerater

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 07:58:39 AM »
Here is my file.
Also quick thing does Falco's prop protection count as the prop modifier?

Edit: It seems like the trial-moderator's can even bring me and such even though they are not supposed to be able to use any commands on me.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 09:50:47 AM by RedDerater »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 07:00:11 PM »
FPP is indeed a prop protect mod.
But it may not be breaking ULX so much as you (likely?) have it misconfigured, or it added itself to a group it maybe shouldn't have.

Problem 1) Your trial mod is set to not target itself instead of the group "above" it.
Answer 1) Set can target on trial mod to !%admin (instead of !%trialmod)

Problem 2) Your trial mod also has ULX physgunplayer access (meaning it can pick up anyone not target allowed)
Answer 2) See answer #1

Problem 3) Your trial mod inherits user. You now have a "split" in the group line. Two groups, operator, and trial mod, both inherits user. Though, technically, group lines can have splits, until you master inheritance and can_target, we don't recommend it for those who aren't experienced with the power yet.
Answer 3) Operator is just a 'default example' group we created for ULX inheritance. If you aren't going to use operator, set admin to inherit trial mod, then delete operator group. If you are going to use operator, set admin inherit trial mod, set trial mod inherit operator, operator can target !%trialmod, user can target !%trialmod
(! = not, %=group including inheritance)

Problem 4) Your Trial mod group has a FPP access I know nothing about, but from the title "fpp_touchotherplayersprops", would seem to indicate they have access to touch others props. (Seems obvious title)
Answer 4) You need to figure out from wherever FPP is supported how to correct that access, or limit that access to same group and below. FPP MIGHT follow ULX group inheritance and targeting using an API called CAMI, but I don't remember

Fixing 1,2,3 may fix 4.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 07:44:07 PM by JamminR »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline RedDerater

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 04:09:45 AM »
Im going to be honest with you, it got fixed yesterday and i just forgot to tell you, first of all it was all my fault xd I didn't mean to blame it on ulx and i did doubt it was ulx's fault BUT since it was ulx that was i didn't know how to ask, it seems like one of my t-mods and a random person that joined could figure it out for me and im very grateful for their help. From what i understand they basicually did what you told me to do and they seemed to fix it, last time i made a server i was never the person who set up the ulx ranks and permissions but someone i knew did it and after he had done it i just didn't touch them anymore. But now i know that it is fully working as intended and i don't think im gonna touch the ranks anymore :P Sorry for blaming your mod it was never with bad intent. I just knew it was the addon that was up since I it up :P Thx again and im gonna try to remember this incase i need the knowledge another time!

ty
//KR Red