Author Topic: Ulx appears to be causing Darkrp to be unable to introduce player.  (Read 4587 times)

Offline Borgpack

This sub-forum is only for help or discussion regarding projects created by Team Ulysses. If you are requesting help, please search the forums FIRST to make sure your question has not already been answered. If you still need help, fill in the following information.

My ULib/ULX versions (run "ulx version" in console):
ULib v..2.63
ULX v..3.73

Game mode(s) I am having this problem on:
starwarsrp/darkrp
Lua errors shown in console, if any:
[ERROR] A runtime error has occurred in "gamemodes/starwarsrp/gamemode/modules/base/sv_gamemode_functions.lua" on line 687.
The best help I can give you is this:

DarkRP was unable to introduce player "Borgpack" to the game. Expect further errors and generally being !

Hints:
   - This error most likely does not stand on its own, and previous serverside errors have a very good chance of telling you the cause.
   - Note that errors from another addon could cause this. Specifically when they're thrown during 'PlayerInitialSpawn'.
   - This error can also be caused by some other addon returning a value in 'PlayerInitialSpawn', though that is less likely.
   - Errors in your DarkRP configuration (jobs, shipments, etc.) could also cause this. Earlier errors should tell you when this is the case.

The responsibility for the error above lies with (the authors of) one (or more) of these files:

------- End of Simplerr error -------

I am fairly sure this is ULX causing it, because it only happens if I have a ulx rank, and yes I have checked if it's just me, it happens to other people who join the server too.

Anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Ulx appears to be causing Darkrp to be unable to introduce player.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 07:53:46 PM »
Hints:
   - This error most likely does not stand on its own, and previous serverside errors have a very good chance of telling you the cause.
   - Note that errors from another addon could cause this. Specifically when they're thrown during 'PlayerInitialSpawn'.
   - This error can also be caused by some other addon returning a value in 'PlayerInitialSpawn', though that is less likely.
   - Errors in your DarkRP configuration (jobs, shipments, etc.) could also cause this. Earlier errors should tell you when this is the case.

The error message you posted is written by a developer, and does NOT include the stack trace we can use to help you.
Look on the server console, as the hints indicate, or maybe even client console, for lua errors and post them here.
(I've underlined and bolded the key words indicating there should be more to help you help yourself, or us help you)

We've seen no mention or issue with other DarkRP and StarWarsRP and players spawning (InitialSpawn hook), and ULX has been around longer than either.
I'm not saying it's not ULX, but, I'm extremely doubtful of ULX being to blame without errors indicating so.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 07:55:31 PM by JamminR »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Borgpack

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 09:26:08 PM »
To clarify, you are correct there are no errors directly stating it is ULX, but through hours of testing I have determined that the trigger for this problem is someone having a ulx rank. I have fresh installs of both darkrp/starwarsrp and ULX btw. I've done some searching in the logs and the only errors I have found are:

[ERROR] gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/modules/base/sv_gamemode_functions.lua:741: attempt to index local 'jobTable' (a nil value)
  1. unknown - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/modules/base/sv_gamemode_functions.lua:741

and

[ERROR] gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/modules/base/sv_entityvars.lua:86: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
  1. pairs - [C]:-1
   2. sendDarkRPVars - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/modules/base/sv_entityvars.lua:86
    3. unknown - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/modules/base/sv_entityvars.lua:102
     4. unknown - lua/includes/modules/concommand.lua:54

Just as a further clarification, I am of the belief that ULX is at least partially responsible, because if a player is set to user, this doesn't happen, only if they have a ULX rank.

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 04:58:57 PM »
Both of those errors are DarkRP related.

The REASON that having a ULX rank is causing these problems is probably because something in the gamemode code is only being triggered for non-user players. It wouldn't matter if you had ULX, ServerGuard, FAdmin or some homebrew user grouping plugin. The problem isn't ULX. Sorry.

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2018, 05:00:29 PM »
Also, as far as I know, DarkRP does in fact treat "user" players differently than those with usergroups, so it's entirely possible that this error is 100% DarkRP and the only reason you are seeing it with ULX is because (as I said in my last post) ULX just happens to be the plugin giving those players a group.

Offline Borgpack

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2018, 06:25:31 PM »
I suppose that makes sense, though I do find it odd that I've never had or seen this problem on servers in the past. Thanks for being so understanding both of you. Do either of you have any suggestions on ways to either fix this, or get around it? I may just wind up reverting versions on the darkrp version just to see if that's fixes it at least temporarily.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2018, 08:18:16 PM »
Just random experienced guessing here, but, from the hints you originally posted mentioning;
And this one error
attempt to index local 'jobTable' (a nil value)

Perhaps you've misconfigured your jobs in some way?
Again, just guessing, I don't use DarkRP.

(Also, moving this post to OffTopic, as indicated, it's not ulx. As MrPresident said, if you removed/disabled all admin mods and set yourself to superadmin (or whatever group(s) are causing the issue) in Gmod's default /settings/users.txt, it would still error)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 08:24:01 PM by JamminR »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming