Author Topic: Need some help correcting my formatting when trying to colour/style text  (Read 1125 times)

Offline KChroma

This sub-forum is only for help or discussion regarding projects created by Team Ulysses. If you are requesting help, please search the forums FIRST to make sure your question has not already been answered. If you still need help, fill in the following information.

My ULib/ULX versions (run "ulx version" in console):
ULib v2.63d (05/12/18)
ULX v3.73d (05/21/18)

Game mode(s) I am having this problem on:
Murder

Not so much an error, I know I'm going wrong somewhere and it makes my server's motd unable to parse when connecting.

Code: [Select]
h1 {
    text-decoration: underline;
}
h2 {
    color: #a020f0;
}
h3 {
    color: #dda0dd;
}
h4 {
    color: #ff0000;
}
h5 {
    color: #f03232;
}
h6 {
    color: #ffd700;
}
h7 {
    color: #ffff00;
}

I'm not very educated on CSS so kind of did a botch attempt at trying to make this work, but also have the strongest feeling that I'm the furthest from right.
I assigned some colours to some elements (I would assume :p) and used them further on in my code.
This is part of the motd.txt by the way.

Code: [Select]
{
"title" "Our Admins"
"type" "admins"
"contents"
{
"<h2>owner</h2>"
"<h3>co-owner</h3>"
"<h4>superadmin</h4>"
"<h5>admin</h5>"
"<h6>moderator</h6>"
"<h7>trial-moderator</h6>"
}
}
}
"style"

This was the point at which I was making an attempt at using the elements on text. This snippet of code should correspond to the motd.txt file for anyone that knows it well enough, unless I've changed it that much .-.
I'm not sure if this was associated with the admin panel of text being indented or not actually being a string but defined by the ULX groups I have on my server. I apologise if the whole thing is just completely wrong, I'm just learning as I go and using the internet for resources.

Sorry if this was poorly formatted or just completely in the wrong place in the forum. I don't spend a lot of time on forums but I was just looking for some help.
Appreciate your time :)

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Need some help correcting my formatting when trying to colour/style text
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 08:15:18 PM »
You locked the topic; presume you found your own answer?
If not, what file are you editing/what location is the file?
And, there's really no way any one here can tell if your file is correct or not by the code bits you've posted.
From where it stands now, you do not have proper html file formatting but, again, the bits are too vague.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming