Author Topic: Double server join messages showing in chat  (Read 1340 times)

Offline allofmywutsteam

• MNWO Owner
    • MNWO Discord
Double server join messages showing in chat
« on: December 20, 2018, 03:15:56 PM »
ULib v..263
ULX v..373

Game mode(s) I am having this problem on: TTT

I installed Advanced Join and Leave (Supporting Sounds, Messages, GeoIP, Multi Coloring!, but I want to remove this default (green) loading text. I'm not sure where in the settings (addon or server side) that it needs to be removed.

The text shows when a user CONNECTS to the server (seen in console) rather than joins the server (as intended by the addon).

"Then Jesus said to his disciples, 'Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.'" - Matthew 16:24

MNWO: Steam | Discord | Website | Join Server

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Double server join messages showing in chat
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 04:22:42 PM »
You already asked in the proper release thread.
Please do not double post.
Additionally, This forum section is intended for Team Ulysses project help/discussion only.
That release was by a community member.

If the original author or anyone stopping by that release knows the answer, perhaps they will help.

EDIT - The original release has example showing - it's in the template config file.
Use hex color codes. Or presume set leave/join to "".
Original topic - https://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,7367.15.html
Github file (but you'd edit locally) - https://github.com/myudev/gmod_addons/blob/advjoinleave/advjoinleave/lua/autorun/server/ss_advjl_config.lua
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 04:33:30 PM by JamminR »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming