Author Topic: Unofficial ULX documentation  (Read 4216 times)

Offline Timmy

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Code monkey
Unofficial ULX documentation
« on: October 07, 2018, 12:56:50 AM »
Hi everyone!

I am working on reference documentation for ULX. I would like to start this topic to share my progress and allow for feedback from the community.

The goal of this project is to provide users of ULX with reliable, organized and up-to-date reference material. The instructions do a bit of hand holding to improve the experience for new users. I aim to make the documentation accessible to as many users as possible.

It is a work in progress. Existing pages need to be fleshed out and others still need to be written.

Comments and suggestions are very welcome. :)

Documentation is available at https://timmy.github.io/ulx-docs/.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Unofficial ULX documentation
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 11:51:18 AM »
BEAUTIFUL!! Keep up great work.

Re: Your developers section
Technically, ulx itself was never actually meant to be used as a development basis, as we in theory hoped ULib would be used as a building block for other projects. (again, technically, anything written for ULX uses ULib, but that's not always clear)

Though, even as I was learning G-Lua, I saw that it was often easier to learn ULib by building functions for ULX from other ULX commands as "templates" to then learn how some ULib features functioned in most respects.

All that being said, don't forget tot include links/mention of ULib in any of the Developers section
(s)
you feel it would fit.
The ULib documentation can be found here - http://ulyssesmod.net/docs/
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 02:51:25 PM »
Love it! Great work!
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Timmy

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Code monkey
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 11:09:07 PM »
Thanks.

Sorry for the lack of updates. I did not forget about this. I haven't been able to work on stuff as much as I want to (due to health reasons).

I have some drafts but they still need to be polished before they can be published. Stay tuned. :)