Author Topic: Custom groups not able to pick up cars  (Read 3199 times)

Offline CLNissen

Custom groups not able to pick up cars
« on: May 20, 2019, 06:23:31 AM »
Hello! I have searched far and wide for a solution to this problem, but can't seem to find an answer. I am currently Head Admin on a DarkRP server, and we are having some issues with giving the Head Admin group permission to physgun cars. The group inherits from Admin (which can physgun cars), and we have "Admins can physgun blocked entities" turned on. Does anyone have a fix for this?

The Ulib and ULX versions of the server:

ULib v2.63d (05/12/18)
ULX v3.73d (05/20/18)

Thank you in advance!

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Custom groups not able to pick up cars
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 08:00:24 PM »
Sorry, Team Ulib does not.
We have no control over physgun of props or cars, and only very limited access control in permissions of ULX moving players. (other scripts could easily overwrite our control for players).
See FAQs
Why can't I physgun my cars?
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
Re: Custom groups not able to pick up cars
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 05:22:08 PM »
It sounds like maybe the cars mod you are using is checking for the standard Admin group and not doing proper checks for inheritance that ULib does. This is one of the reasons we don't recommend having groups highter than admin or superadmin. Third party addons start to break. Your best bet is to reach out to the creator of the car addon.