Author Topic: cannot remove admins, other post dident help me PLEASE HELP  (Read 2839 times)

Offline Tyrant

People keep telling me to go to the Users folder inside the ULIB think, but after I make someone admin there info is not added there users.txt in the data folder is just empty, the one in my gmod folder and dedicated server folder are both empty its freakin me out! ??? ???

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: cannot remove admins, other post dident help me PLEASE HELP
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 12:19:23 AM »
How do I remove a user?

Look at server <gmod root>/data/Ulib/users.txt and remove the block that will look like this:
"(friend's name)"
{
(data in here, multiple lines)
}

You may also have them in server <gmod root>/settings/users.txt if you followed ULX readme.txt

leave your addons/ulib/data/*.txt files alone.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 10:56:55 AM »
This information is in the sticky too.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Chironex

• Formerly known as Kyzer
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 05:50:17 PM »
Well i like things that stay grouped, so i know where things are. My users.txt and groups.txt are in the addons/ulib/data/ULib folder, and it works just fine. In fact i dont have any ulx/ulib/whatever files into garrysmod/data, only log files (i also did uteam as an addon).

Also in garrysmod/settings/users.txt we have only 2 steamids, for superadmins, and we don't have any problems - yet - with moderators or others groups.

Offline spbogie

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 08:31:38 PM »
If you have added users using "ulx adduser" then yes you DO have a <gmod root>/data/ULib/users.txt file, and yes it DOES contain your users. GMod will not allow addons to write to their own local data directory, and will only read from it if the files are not first found in the root data directory. I'm assuming you added your users using "ulx adduser" of course, because had you added them to the file manually then you would most definitally know how to remove them as well.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas A. Edison
I reject your reality and substitute my own. - Adam Savage

Offline Chironex

• Formerly known as Kyzer
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 05:46:19 AM »
Well we add them manually, because when using ulx adduser it adds correctly but doesn't remove it from the old group, so there is like a duplication and i'm affraid it will corrupt/conflict something lol. Is it a bug or i do something wrong ?