Author Topic: Helix based 1984 RP  (Read 4012 times)

Offline jut

Helix based 1984 RP
« on: March 13, 2020, 10:10:24 PM »
I know this is my first post but I have been a longtime user of ULX and server manager for a variety of different communities. I believe I have been a member of this forum and supporter of ULX since about 2011. I just saw this section figured I would brag like everyone else does about their server.

My friend and I started a budding community focused on 1984 Roleplay (Based on the novel by George Orwell.) The Server is a dystopian adaptation of this using Helix.

The Basics :
How often the server is up? : The Server Runs 24/7  /  365 Days a Year.  [Minus Scheduled Maintenance]
Server homepage : https://dystopianrp.org - We have a wiki style archive to learn about our server and a community forum
IP address (of course!) : 51.81.1.40:27015 
Max slots, reserved slots :  128 Slots / None Reserved
Are you accepting new admins/moderators? : Accepting Staff as demand / player count grows.
A list of addons on the server : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1852877445

Features / Notes
- we are completely against pay to win, we accept donations but we don’t expect to make a living or a profit off it. In fact our policy is that 25% of all profits will be donated to a worthy charity.

- We thrive on member feedback most of our feature implementations have been driven by player feedback

- My friend and I who manage the server are extremely accessible to help teach players, answer questions and address issues that may arise.Server Features

- Custom theming of rp_southside with map textures altered to give a true 1984 theme

- Custom models skins and textures for player models

- 1984 themed class / job system

- Character system and factions (Inner Party, Outer Party, Eurasian Mafia, Eastasian Triad and Proles)

- VCmod : TDM, SGM cars

- ArcCw weapons

- Drugs Manufacturing, Oil Drilling, Ore Mining are just a few extra ways to earn cash!

- An individual dedicated to constantly balancing the economy through actual roleplay to combat inflation and or players having billions of dollars

- Sophisticated tax system

- A player based government that makes decisions to determine the course of roleplay. I.e taxes, job positions, laws

I know half of you role your eyes at the whole concept of someone preaching to be something unique but my community partner and I have years and years of experience in being part of various communities and running other servers. We have seen the frustrations that many face, nothing is worse than when you as a player are stuck with a eight year old super admin who donates $25 a month to support the server owner who sees the community as a means to generate revenue. So give us a try, hold back all preconceptions and see if you like what we are about, we appreciate feedback.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 02:15:22 AM by jut »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Hey Y'all Not Another RP Server
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 03:48:17 PM »
Date Registered:
    April, 2011, 08:43:57 PM
Yep.

Good luck to your server.
Please add a gametracker or other monitoring image to your post.
This helps the community know status without having to start Gmod.
Reference - https://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,3263.msg47071.html#msg47071
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline jut

Re: Hey Y'all Not Another RP Server
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 05:26:53 PM »
I apologize for missing the gametracker component. We're still alive trying to build a community, gotta say ULX ULIB has not let me down. Its funny there are many admin systems and ULX remains one of the only ones that ages gracefully and does exactly what I want without any stupid bloat.