ULX

Author Topic: Help with ULX Adduser i think  (Read 1597 times)

Offline paldog hellcase.com

Help with ULX Adduser i think
« on: May 29, 2020, 10:52:45 AM »
Hi guys, recently i implemented the ''Tebex'' (virtual shop) to my gmod deathrun server... 'i created a ''VIP'' package. and when the people bought that package the command ''ulx adduserid (steamid) vip'' should work , but doesn't do anything… i test that command myself but appears ''the userid 394583453459(example) was added to vip group. but in game, the player still in user group… im using the wrong command or something? i need help with that, thanks btw.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Help with ULX Adduser i think
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 04:43:16 PM »
Any errors in server console???

Adduserid expects steam id, uniqueid, or ip. What exactly are you passing?
 Also, if you are editing/developing, use the real function, instead of a console command.
Code: [Select]
ulx.adduserid( calling_ply, id, group_name )

"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline paldog hellcase.com

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 11:51:19 AM »
Any errors in server console???

Adduserid expects steam id, uniqueid, or ip. What exactly are you passing?
 Also, if you are editing/developing, use the real function, instead of a console command.
Code: [Select]
ulx.adduserid( calling_ply, id, group_name )
Zero errors in server console… Ok, So, in what place i need to put that function??

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 08:01:31 AM »
You described that your addon code was using a command "ulx adduserid".
I believed you knew where, I'd have no idea.

If the command isnt working, you'll get an error. If your feeding it wrong info, but info matches what the ulx command thinks is steamid, uniqueid or ip, then that info still gets added, it just doesn't match when the player joins.

When at least one of the players that isn't working is connected to the server, after the addon command has run, from server console, run "ulx debuginfo". It will tell you a filepath of a txt file it creates. Attach that file to your next reply, and tell us what player.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming