Author Topic: Querying Server information  (Read 3713 times)

Offline suicide bomber

Querying Server information
« on: August 10, 2007, 12:43:48 PM »
I'm trying to script something which would require specific server data (client total / client max, and servername) to be somehow transfered from one server to another. I don't care how its done(central DB or direct) but somehow the data needs to get from one machine to the other. I was wondering if there was already a method of doing this, and if not, what would be the best route to choose?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Querying Server information
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 07:08:14 PM »
Hi SB.
 Have you looked into the sockets (one UDP, one TCP/IP) located on the FacePunch Lua releases/binary modules sub board?
http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/forumdisplay.php?s=6fb5e9488c2b60897e9a45083f71a7e4&f=70

There's also an SQL query module there.
I think Megiddo used it for Uban.

I don't know the protocols, but the sockets modules could probably be used to grab players just like the master server does.

Hope that gets you started.
Love your work.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline suicide bomber

Re: Querying Server information
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 07:44:39 PM »
Hi SB.
 Have you looked into the sockets (one UDP, one TCP/IP) located on the FacePunch Lua releases/binary modules sub board?
http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/forumdisplay.php?s=6fb5e9488c2b60897e9a45083f71a7e4&f=70

There's also an SQL query module there.
I think Megiddo used it for Uban.

I don't know the protocols, but the sockets modules could probably be used to grab players just like the master server does.

Hope that gets you started.
Love your work.

Thanks for the help, I have looked into this, and was just hoping there was a simpler way before spending some time on that.