ULX

Author Topic: User privileges.(over time)  (Read 3241 times)

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
User privileges.(over time)
« on: August 21, 2007, 05:19:47 PM »
I was wondering if there was a script availabe or that someone would make that would grant user higher privileges depending on how long they've been in a server, Ex

jay209015 20 min   make him respected.

but it would be even better if it could notify the highest ranking admin in the server and ask if you want to raise him higher in the groups, so that if you don't think that you could trust them with the higher access you could say no.
An error only becomes a mistake when you refuse to correct it. --JFK

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: User privileges.(over time)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 07:32:36 PM »
There is no function in ULX to do this. There are several various scripts I've seen in the wild though that give ratings based on time. Perhaps you could find one on Facepunch.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 11:02:07 PM »
I thought to look on facepunch too, but they diabled their search, so I was just wondering if anyone had coded one for ulx.

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 03:31:13 PM »
Where's Kyzer! Maybe he could find time and one of the 'respect/time' scripts on Facepunch and throw in some extra code.

I personally don't see much want for this. I've seen 'regular' players on various servers I (currently, used) to attend regularly, and many of them just wouldn't make quality admins.
I like the message idea.

Perhaps have an option in the script to turn on/off notification on individual players?
I'd be willing to use it more then. With the option on, I'd have to type /blah_track <player> before I'd ever get a notice about them.
I could see that being handy.

Player: "But, you've seen me here everyday for two hours at least, JamminR! Can't I be a server <lowest member access>?"
/blah_check <player>
<player>:steamid has played on this server 20 minutes since <date>
Me: Uh, no.
Month later, they seem nice, no minge activities.
/blah_check <player
<player>:steamid has played on this server 4 days 3 hours 2 minutes since <date>
/blah_track <player>
<player>:steamid is being tracked. Once they reach some <optional time_till next level>, the access will change.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 10:00:56 PM »
yeah sounds nice, but I wouldn't let them get all the way up to admin. That would still be put in manually :D.

Offline Chironex

• Formerly known as Kyzer
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 02:40:21 AM »
On our server, we grant privileges if the player deserves it, not depending of the time he spent on the server. JamminR's idea is interesting but i don't think i'm good enough at scripting :D