ULX

Author Topic: Better radio  (Read 4471 times)

Offline ford460ho

Better radio
« on: September 11, 2007, 11:51:29 PM »
i there any way to make a better uradio and even easyer to us, ever played a css game where it brings up the motd with window media streaming online radio

« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 12:26:39 AM by ford460ho »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Better radio
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 01:12:23 AM »
Thanks for your suggestion. It will be filed appropriately.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline ford460ho

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 09:01:34 PM »
and another thing do you think it is possible you cant play your own music just editing a path to your music folder? that would be nice

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 03:58:02 AM »
"ulx playsound" does that already
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Golden-Death

• Honored Lua Scripter
    • BlueFire
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 03:14:43 PM »
Also, mp3 in console.

Offline ford460ho

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 02:17:56 PM »
is it possible or not i just wont to us the motd just like it shows in that picture i posted to stream radio and i dont wont to use uradio or that other crap just the motd

[JamminR Edit - Watch the profanity]
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 03:01:24 PM by JamminR »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 06:04:15 PM »
I'm feeling attitude.
If you'd research html and windows media player object embedding, you'd answer your own question.
URadio used a site that had media player objects embedded. The pages you view can't load external players (media player or Winamp).
If you want to call anything 'other crap' thats fine, but don't expect much more help from people that were trying to help you.

Though I've been considering another Umotd or Uradio release using new code and GM10 html/vgui functionality, it's not because you suggested.

I'm done.
Good luck with your research.

Offline ford460ho

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 01:19:16 AM »
i was just asking and you are acting dumb tell you the truth, when you type you dont have emotion to what you are typing so people dont understand the same as what they where typing i was just asking if it was posible :P >:(

Offline spbogie

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 03:37:32 PM »
ford460ho,
    When you ask someone for help it is best not to insult them in the process. You are asking for someone to freely give their time to provide you with something you want. Now, we like to help people with things, but we don't always have the time/resources to devote to people's requests. If we are trying to decide what to put our time twards, it's not likely we'll pick the request of the person who is rude in response to us.

Lets do a little thought experiment here. You and some friends are going to the movies. When you get there, two of your friends have forgotten their wallets. You have enough to pay for one, and only one, of them (and for the sake of this exercise you are going to pay for one.) One of them asks you politely if you will lend him the money and says he will pay you back. The other smacks you on the arm and says "You're paying for me right?" Assuming you know them both equaly well, which are you going to pay for?

Another tip, grammer and spelling, making your posts understandable goes a long way to getting what you want.

I have to get going now, so I'll leave it at that.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas A. Edison
I reject your reality and substitute my own. - Adam Savage

Offline Golden-Death

• Honored Lua Scripter
    • BlueFire
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2007, 04:00:18 PM »
Bravo spbogie.

And they DID answer your question, dude. You want your own music to play in the MOTD. We suggested 2 ways to do just that in a more efficient manner. Just listen to our advice.

And in the case that you still "just want to know if its possible", Yes, it is. But not if you're expecting other people to hear it.

Offline ford460ho

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2007, 11:25:53 PM »
 :) sorry sorry we got of on the wrong foot. If i new how to realy prase and type i would do it better. to say that make me hurt, anf insulting me and my lake of learning. just for me and who ever wonts to listen but if i new the stuff you know about programing i would help. if you still helping me thank you