Author Topic: Shorcuts?!  (Read 4839 times)

Offline himxfan

Shorcuts?!
« on: March 03, 2006, 05:27:57 PM »
ok so i am having extreme trouble trying to just use the normal say commands. like for instance i want to gimp someone, in console i would type (ulx_gimp "name") and thats cool and all but what i want to use the shortcut, the command in the console says (say:gimp) so i would point at someone, until it shows their name, and then type the words gimp.... nothing happens. So i tried re-installing ulx mod, now its worse, now i cant even use the gimp command in the console. also i tried using the hp shortcut and it didnt show anything when i typed so i figured it worked, but i wasnt pointing at anyone nor did i enter an amount for the hp. PLEASE HELP IM DIEING HERE!!!! ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline Golden-Death

• Honored Lua Scripter
    • BlueFire
Re: Shorcuts?!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 08:49:50 PM »
To gimp player Bob, you type:

gimp Bob

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 10:03:00 PM »
To gimp player Bob, you type:

gimp Bob

Thanks for helping others GD, +1 karma for you!
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline himxfan

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 04:41:48 PM »
ok it still doesnt work for me, i dont know why but its not working, also when i type ulx_gimp bob in console, it only switches them to the yellow team. same with when i do it through the menu. also when i try saying hp bob 999 it doesnt do anything. and my admin announcements still dont work through the normal shortcuts. this is all after i re installed.

Offline Golden-Death

• Honored Lua Scripter
    • BlueFire
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 06:05:06 PM »
try deletting everything and reinstalling, make sure youve deleted everything

Offline himxfan

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 09:34:43 PM »
right so i tried completely deleting everything and reinstalling again. and now it does the same thing. i have a feeling it has to do with some sort of the config. but before i reinstalled the first time it would at least show the "parameters" in grey above what i typed . it would say something like unfulfilled parameters and now it doesnt show anything. PLEASE i could really use your help if you have any clue please leave a post i really want to get this working. if it matters, i am running a listen server, not dedicated and erhe is a list of mods i have: gmod+, vmod, gmow, phoenix mod, listen server fix, vmf loader, copygun, and script loader
 -anything u have to say would be helpful to me because everyone i talk to has no idea about ulx so PLEASE HELP!

Offline Golden-Death

• Honored Lua Scripter
    • BlueFire
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 10:24:41 PM »
see if you can move everything thats not needed (in the lua folder) besides ULX's files to a different folder and try running it again

Offline himxfan

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2006, 10:29:42 PM »
i think i may have found the answer, an di think it may have to do with the copygun

Yes i know that. i have been using ulx for a substancial amount of time. So far i have a feeling that this may be related to execution of the script that starts support for the copy gun on the server. It then stops the chatpickups in the same way that when the RP script is run, the chat pickups also do not work then. (chat pickup = stuff you type in chat that ulx recoginzes as a cmd, in case i sound dumb up there)

In version 1.11 the weapons menu seems to now fully work. causing the copygun script to be loaded. Normaly i execute the copygun script via console by lua_openscript when i want to use it since i have excluded it in the swep_menu.lua file. When i do this the chat command stop working. I think its the execition of that, has an effect on the chat commands in the game. The same is true if the RP script is loaded via lua_openscript. Just now in 1.11 the copygun is autoloaded so it causes the commands to be disabled on startup.

found from this thread
http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php?action=post;quote=668;topic=136.0;num_replies=4;sesc=f303e9959aace90e876697d984316da3

and i think im gonna try getting rid of copygun temporarily(moving it to desktop). and re running the server.

Offline himxfan

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2006, 10:38:22 PM »
i think i may have found the answer, an di think it may have to do with the copygun

found from this thread
http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php?action=post;quote=668;topic=136.0;num_replies=4;sesc=f303e9959aace90e876697d984316da3

and i think im gonna try getting rid of copygun temporarily(moving it to desktop). and re running the server.

YEP! thats it, i found a bug for u guys, you need to find a way to separate the copygun chat commands vs the ulx chat commands. maybe you could talk to the make of the copygun and try to figure this out because the copy gun is a really fun tool and help me alot but ulx helps me more. so it would be great if you guys could figure this one out. thanks for all you help golden, the problem was that before i reinstalled ulx, i installed copygun. so the cmomands barely worked. then i reinstalled and it completely reset the chat commands  and it disabled the ulx ones. And for some reason whenever i gimped someone through the menu it switched them to the yellow team??  ???

Offline Golden-Death

• Honored Lua Scripter
    • BlueFire
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2006, 10:47:21 PM »
Ah, glad to see you got it fixed... I think meg wanted to know which weapon caused the problem, ill tell him.