Ulysses Stuff > General Chat & Help and Support

Dedicated Server

(1/2) > >>

Swamp Fox:
Yeah, i dont know how to use this with dedicated server, it is probably some where on this site, but i failed to spot it, please help.

Megiddo:
You follow the exact same instructions.

Swamp Fox:
I did, but I cannot access admin stuff inside of my server. I still have ot go to the console to do everything.

JamminR:
Swamp Fox,
  Does it work in Listen server mode? If so, do you also have the ulx folder in your your x:/program files/Steam/SteamApps/<your_username>/Source Dedicated Server/Gmod9/LUA folder?
If you _only_ installed it to your SteamApps/SourceMods/Gmod9/LUA folder, you don't have it installed in Dedicated server.
If you're running linux, just make sure ULX is installed into the LUA folder, and you're listed in the ulx/configs/users.ini correctly.

You also need to make sure ulx_init.lua is properly copied to your (blah/dedicated server/gmod9/lua/init) folder, otherwise it won't run.
If you copied your uLX folder from your game to ded server directory, this wouldn't have gotten copied.

What happens when you type ULX_WHO in your game(not server) console while connected to your server?

If you don't get a listing of at least you and your steamid, make sure you've followed all directions in this Sticky post by Megiddo .. http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,176.0.html

(Apologies to those of you are used to \ back slashes in folder formats x:\blah\. My work, and of course LUA scripting, uses / ~95% of the time)

Swamp Fox:
Yes, I have it installed correctly, because when I join, it has the white text saying, "Welcome to Swamp Fox's Server, enjoy your stay." I just tried the users.ini, but should I delete all the text in there? then do the "STEAM_0:0:7382127 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuz" (without quotes) on the first line?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version