Author Topic: ulx adduserid  (Read 2611 times)

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
ulx adduserid
« on: November 18, 2007, 04:13:55 AM »
So.. you want to add someone to a user group, I know it's easy to have them get on and just type in their name, but what if they aren't online, but you know their STEAM ID?

I don't know if this would be more useful than to myself, but I'd like to be able to add a user to a group by typing something like

ulx adduserid <SteamID> <group>

As always, I'll give a specific example as to why I want this feature, and this one I think others will relate to.. (maybe)
On my website, users can sign up on the community, and in return will receive a bump up on their in game rank/group. It would be nice and easy to just type this into the console when I see it rather than have to remember to catch them next time they are online (assuming there is an admin online at that time).. which isn't always the case with our UK friends =)

thanks ;)

-MrP

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: ulx adduserid
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 06:59:55 AM »
I like the idea of this.
Only drawback I can see at this time though is the mess mistypes/bad copy/pastes would create in the users file.
A 'name' parameter should be added too.
ulx adduserid <steamid> <group> <known_as>
Though UCL.ULib doesn't care about the name, I think its good to have it in users.txt for later review instead of having ULX create a random table field holder.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 09:03:10 AM »
Or you could just have the user list controlled by the forum like we do. :D
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 10:51:36 AM »
Heh. Megiddo, not everyone has as leet a forum as we do.
Zakap is intelligent enough to figure out a way to do it with his forum, but it still may be good for the other 95% of our user base. :P
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 03:21:15 PM »
lol thanks.. and yeah.. my SQL skills are rusty at BEST.. for the time being I think Im going to not sniff around in modifying my phpBB.. =)