Author Topic: Selfcommands for ULX  (Read 22993 times)

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
Re: Selfcommands for ULX
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2008, 10:43:44 PM »
try this! =)

ulx userallow bob "ulx ragdollme"

obv. Bob is the person you want to give access to.

Offline Frozen

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2008, 06:26:22 AM »
Sorry I haven't been online for some time, ulx userallow worked! :D Thanks a bunch MrPresident

Offline Dv2236

• MyGamingVoid
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2009, 10:21:54 AM »
I think you mist a very good one ^_^!

ulx noclipme (!noclipme) i think this would be a very good one when u have random ass monkeys join the server just to fly around killing people, this way you could give only a group noclipe power so they also cant give noclip to other people

like you could have groups superadmin, admin, operator, vip (or vip replace op), member, user/guest and member would be like more trusted than random guests from the server or maybe auto members after so many hr of game play and can than noclip them self ^_^

these commands are so cool/useful i could so see them being put into ULX one day ^_^!

Offline Dv2236

• MyGamingVoid
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2009, 01:18:14 PM »
O well I guess i will give it a go myself <== not to good at lua lol
I find it kinda annoying to give people power to use "ulx noclip" only to be able to go throw world and other peoples props.

I dont know maybe its just a dumb idea, but I would just like it mainly if I could make normal "user" group so they cant noclip

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2009, 02:30:23 PM »
DV, why don't you set sv_noclip 0, then ulx groupallow <group> "ulx noclip"
This would allow you to set anyone you trusted with noclip access, but not normal users.
Or, tried UClip? It allows players to noclip, but not through world/others props.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Dv2236

• MyGamingVoid
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2009, 03:13:30 PM »
I use Uclip yes, but when I give them rights to use "ulx noclip" they can than go throw props and world :S I so hate it when people play sniper and use world as a shield.

but when I tested with it i gave it to userid not group could that have been my problem?

still self commands had a good point, limit it to only the group. With the power of "ulx noclip" they can noclip and un-noclip anyone they want.

thanks for the input jamminr

Offline Bob1337

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2009, 03:02:18 PM »
you forgot !armorme!!!! oh noes! D:

Offline pump1er

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2009, 04:41:47 PM »
I think you mist a very good one ^_^!

ulx noclipme (!noclipme) i think this would be a very good one when u have random ass monkeys join the server just to fly around killing people, this way you could give only a group noclipe power so they also cant give noclip to other people

like you could have groups superadmin, admin, operator, vip (or vip replace op), member, user/guest and member would be like more trusted than random guests from the server or maybe auto members after so many hr of game play and can than noclip them self ^_^

these commands are so cool/useful i could so see them being put into ULX one day ^_^!

i agree with dv, noclipme would be a good idea becouse if u do turn sbox_noclip to zero and allow a group noclip , they can act like minges. example antinoclip stolling a prop with kill and nocliping people then killing them. also could u update it so it has armorme

Offline atomicspark

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2009, 11:45:02 PM »
I'm working on this. Currently added armorme, ghostme, and noclipme. Also cleaned up the code a bit (not that most of you care about that sort of thing). Megiddo could even take tips from my quality of work! ;)

Waiting on permission of MrPresident and friends to release the code. Not sure if I should release it as an incremental update or as "Selfcommands 2". The latter would keep MrPresident's work intact.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 12:00:39 AM by atomicspark »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2009, 09:15:24 AM »
atomicspark, it sounds as though the new UCL Megiddo is working on will allow for self commands.
As for permission from MrPresident, it may be a while since he's now in the US military.
He was deployed to Iraq in the beginning of August.

I was actually curious about his well-being (I'm always concerned when friends/family get deployed).
Unless one of his fellow admins is logging in using his userid (seems unlikely, RoaringCow and TheBigA have always had high access), he was last active the 5th of Sept. http://www.g4p.org/member.php?action=profile&uid=22
You may wish to check there for quicker reply.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2009, 12:43:54 PM »
The new UCL does indeed support self commands in-built already. One of my goals in the design was to eliminate the need for self commands. :)
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline atomicspark

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2009, 12:56:25 AM »
If you're using the latest SVN version of ULX and ULib, "Selfcommands" are now built in! :D

To add a "Selfcommand" version of a ULX command to a group, type "ulx groupallow <group> <command> ^" in console ("^" is the access tag for self).

More Information

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2009, 07:26:40 AM »
If you're using the latest SVN version of ULX and ULib, "Selfcommands" are now built in! :D

To add a "Selfcommand" version of a ULX command to a group, type "ulx groupallow <group> <command> ^" in console ("^" is the access tag for self).

More Information

Cookie for you. :)
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.