Author Topic: AntiAFK v2.2 - ULib Module  (Read 64901 times)

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
AntiAFK v2.2 - ULib Module
« on: December 21, 2007, 01:55:26 PM »
This script (for GMod10) was completely reworked from the ground up, but it was based on the original idea by Megiddo.(for GMod9)

The idea behind this script is that after a certain time of not moving, you will be flagged as afk. If you continue to be afk, you will be kicked from the server.

This is an addon. Extract it to your Garrysmod/addons folder.

This REQUIRES ULib to be installed to use. ULIB can be downloaded from http://ulyssesmod.net. If you use ULX admin mod, you already have ULib.

~Features~
Ability to change time with console command aafk_time <integer>
Ability to disable the script with aafk_enabled <1/0>
Ability to allow admins immunity to kick with aafk_adminimmune <1/0>
Ability to allow the kicking function to not happen with aafk_kickenabled<1/0>
Ability to shift between allowing afk players to stay on the server and kicking them depending on how full the server is with aafk_kicknumber<integer>

ChangeLog:
v1.0
-Release

v1.10
-Hooks and Timers are client side now, the client checks its own angles instead of the server checking every players angle
-Added in name change support. Whan a player goes afk, their name changes to <AFK>Name and back when they return.
-Added functions to have the client and server side of the script communicate properly with each other.

v1.20
-went partially back to serverside. It was possible to use lua_run_cl to mess up the checks and circumvent the system. Now it is not =)
-Fixed other various bugs.

v1.30
-Simply fixed a bug in 1.2 that was causing the settings not to load correctly.

v2.00
-Major Release
-Added a new variable, aafk_kicknumber will set the server to only kick AFk clients if there are more clients connected to the server than you have the number set to. If there are fewer, it will not kick them.
-Added Names over afk players heads.
-Typing !afk will now flag yourself as afk. Not advised if kick is enabled for you =)
-Chatting as well as view angle will prevent being flagged as afk. Chatting will now bring you out of afk as well.
-Changed: In the notification, if kick is disabled, it will no longer tell the player he/she will be kicked.

v2.1
-Changed some things to make it work with the new Gmod.

v2.2
-Added Access String in the adminimmunity checks. This allows you to give additional groups/users immunity on the fly. See the topic below for how to use.

Immunity Access String Usage.
If you are running ULX (this addon REQUIRES ULib) you can do the following to give an user immunity to the kick if aafk_adminimmunity is on.
ulx userallow <username> "aafk_immune"
This will add the access string "aafk_immune" to their user file and will keep them from being kicked
Also you can edit your data/ULib/groups.txt file and add "aafk_immune" to any groups allow list to give everyone in the group immunity from being kicked.
Please keep in mind that all of this requires aafk_adminimmunity console variable to be set to 1 (on)

~~~~~~~

The way this script works is:
It takes the time you have set in the config (top lines of the .lua file) or if you used aafk_time to set your own in game... and every amount of seconds as defined it checks the players entity angle.. (this is basically where the mouse is pointed) and stores it into a variable for your specific client.
If it finds that you have not changed angles since the last time it checked, and you are not flagged as afk, it will flag you as afk.
If it finds that you have not moved since it last checked and you are already flagged as afk, it will kick you from the server (assuming you have kick enabled)

The default time is 150 seconds.. this allows for around 5-7 minutes of complete afk before being kicked.. depending on how soon after a check you stop moving.

Suggestions for a future version are welcome.. I will try to implement anything that seems worth implementing.

Console Commands:
aafk_enabled <1/0> - Turns aafk on or off (Default On)
aafk_time <integer> - sets the time (in seconds) on the afk check. How often the script checks angles. (Default 150 seconds.. which is 2.5 minutes)
aafk_adminimmune <1/0> - This sets whether or not admins are immune to being kicked for being afk. (Default Off)
aafk_kickenabled <1/0> - Currently no real point in this.. I plan on implimenting more features later that will make use of the player not being kicked but still being flagged as afk.. such as name changing to <afk> Name.. or putting text above their head. (Default On)
aafk_kicknumber <integer> - Setting this number will cause the script to only kick afk users if the current total of players is greater or equal to the number that you set. Good for letting afk players stay connected if the server has less than 5 players connected at the time but keeping afk players from filling slots on a full server.

All of these defaults can be changed in the top of the aafk.lua file

--Old Versions--

« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 09:22:07 AM by zakap »

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
Re: AntiAFK v1.1 - ULib Module
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 08:50:58 AM »
New version.. 1.1

-Now all of the meaty checks are client side. Less strain on the server.
-AFK users are announced and given an <AFK> tag on their name, which is removed as SOON as you move.
-Added new functions to let clientside scripting perform serverside operations. (just console commands :))

Offline blacksythe

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 12:01:19 PM »
another one of your modules on my server keep up the good work zak

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 04:26:33 PM »
Good work Zakap!

-Added new functions to let clientside scripting perform serverside operations. (just console commands :))

I haven't looked at the code, but make sure your client commands code gets checked on the serverside to make sure whatever player is sending the commands has appropriate access, or just listens for expected client commands.
Someone could use this as an exploit if they knew just enough lua to change the client side code.

If I'm totally mis-understanding what you're meaning, my apologies.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2007, 05:09:16 PM »
Yeah, they cant change the commands, those are server side. The only commands that could possibly be exploited are the kick command, but it only kicked the player who uses it... so if they figured out how to pass correct parameters to it, it would just kick them. Also, there is something that sends messages to players, which might be annoying, but i don't see how it could be exploited. I'll look into a better way of communicating from client to server.. but the only way I can think of is a timer or a think hook which is what I was trying to avoid by going clientside in the first place. So if I cant find a way, I may just revert the script checking back to server side.

Going to parents house for Christmas.. I'll work on it later.

Merry Christmas guys.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2007, 05:55:19 PM »
Yeah, they cant change the commands, those are server side.
<clip>
, but it only kicked the player who uses it... so if they figured out how to pass correct parameters to it, it would just kick them.
Great! I was just checking.

Also, there is something that sends messages to players, which might be annoying, but i don't see how it could be exploited. I'll look into a better way of communicating from client to server

Not a big need. I wouldn't be concerned with server=>client commands too much.

Merry Christmas guys.

You too!
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
Re: AntiAFK v1.3 - ULib Module
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2007, 09:07:17 PM »
Sorry.. ANOTHER update.. but that's good isn't it?!

We found out that using it client side to check the angles was easily exploitable.. so.. I made that part server side again. It still uses a client side think to detect when you come back from afk.. but it should not be exploitable any more.. if it is.. I'll fix it and release a new version.. ha!

« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 10:20:51 PM by zakap »

Offline Avien

Re: AntiAFK v2.00 - ULib Module
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 06:35:43 PM »
Does this work with the new update?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 08:37:28 PM »
I saw an AFK script working on Beast Build server. I believe Will the host got it from here.
Might want to test for yourself though.

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 09:40:44 PM »
There is no reason this shouldn't work with the new version. It may not change their name due to the blocks in the con commands again. But everything else about it should work fine. =)

I'll test it out and give you a definate answer though tonight.

edit:

Confirmed. Works all except for the name changing, which Garry has blocked as of current.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 10:29:47 PM by zakap »

Offline spbogie

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2008, 01:18:37 AM »
Garry hasn't blocked name changing, it's just that the name command no longer changes your name. With the new engine, your name is now pulled from Friends (just like in tf2). If you want, you can still temporarily change your name with "setinfo name <new_name>".
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas A. Edison
I reject your reality and substitute my own. - Adam Savage

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2008, 02:48:11 AM »
Thanks boogie.. I'll patch this up! =)

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
Re: AntiAFK v2.1 - ULib Module
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 05:16:55 AM »
Patched.

I'm pretty sure I've ironed out all the issues caused by the update..

Offline Avien

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2008, 09:03:22 AM »
Question regarding admin check.  I made a few groups that i want to be immune from the kicking feature of this addon. Does this addon support the use of pl:IsUserGroup( "custom") if i added it to the admin check part, lines 29-40?

example:
Code: [Select]
If pl:IsUserGroup( "owner" ) then
return true
end

Offline spbogie

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2008, 09:07:10 AM »
Yes, assuming you change pl to ply so it matches the player object it was passed.

Edit: No, nevermind, the AdminCheck at the top if for access to changing the convars. The admin check for kicking is hardcoded further down.

zakap, this is a feature you may want to add. Another function at the top called immuneCheck or even better, an access string such as "aafk_immune". The function for registering an access string is ULib.ucl.registerAccess. Then you can check for it with ULib.ucl.query(or ply:query). With inheritance, setting the default group to admin will also apply it to superadmin, and it's rather easy for anyone to add it to any other group, or individual player.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 09:24:43 AM by spbogie »
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas A. Edison
I reject your reality and substitute my own. - Adam Savage