ULX

Author Topic: Utime -- Show how long your players have been connected this session and total  (Read 538083 times)

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
If it shows as an invalid command in your client, they are NOT running UTime. Not this version of it, anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline pmag

Thank you for helping me understand this as best as you could. I wonder if its just an older version of Utime or even a ULX pack which includes Utime but only shows for some people. Im still not exactly sure how ULX/Utime work but in my experience "modding" minecraft I know that the tiniest of differences can mean a whole different outcome.

Thank you
to sign up I had to identify the "admin mod" I thought it was talking about the top admin/mod for the forum not "ULX" I spent too long looking for an admin/moderator with a name that ended in X.

Offline DrSchnell

Hello,

Up until about 1 hour ago uTime has been working flawlessly and I really thank you for it. I recently tried setting up a server admin panel and it required a modified lua script in the ULX files. So i disable my workshop ULX and ulib and I go and get it from the website. After some fussing around, I get it set up and working, but none of the hours show up. Almost all of the players on the server have their hours reset to 0. One person retained his hours. I chmod'd sv.db to 777 and it still doesn't work. i don't know if between the set up of the admin panel and the different versions of ULX that my database became corrupt? Is that a possibility? I was just wondering if there is a way to fix this as my users' rank progression depends on how many hours they have.

Thank you again,

Schnell

Offline saya

how can i set permissions? users can change the colors

Offline Bytewave

• Respected Community Member
  • :)
    • My Homepage
how can i set permissions? users can change the colors
Colors are configured clientside. Changes on the client don't affect the server.
bw81@ulysses-forums ~ % whoami
Homepage

Offline jtw144

What folder do you put the download in?

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
It goes in your addons folder, jtw144.

Offline Rokilo

I'm getting this error :(
[ERROR] addons/utime/lua/autorun/server/sv_utime.lua:127: attempt to call global 'log' (a nil value)
  1. updatePlayer - addons/utime/lua/autorun/server/sv_utime.lua:127
   2. unknown - addons/utime/lua/autorun/server/sv_utime.lua:153
So the time doesn't save when I reset the server

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Rokilo, Not sure what you're using, but you aren't using this release of Utime.
Likely someone elses modified version. This release has no 'server' folder in autorun.
(As reviewed - https://github.com/TeamUlysses/utime/tree/master/lua/autorun )
I even looked in this releases sv_utime.lua folder, it doesn't even have 127 lines of code.

I'd recommend finding the author of the release you're using and ask for help in that release comments.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Bite That Apple

• Apple Innovations 2010®
    • Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
I'm getting this error :(
[ERROR] addons/utime/lua/autorun/server/sv_utime.lua:127: attempt to call global 'log' (a nil value)
  1. updatePlayer - addons/utime/lua/autorun/server/sv_utime.lua:127
   2. unknown - addons/utime/lua/autorun/server/sv_utime.lua:153
So the time doesn't save when I reset the server

If you have only one server, then I'd recommend to just download the original copy of uTime from the original post on this thread.
Quote from: John F. Kennedy 1963
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.

Offline Noobless

I keep getting a error and i don't know why. This is what i found in my server console

Unknown Function:             InitTimer       player [1][NoobLess]

Noobless is my steam name.
I've tried reinstalling it and i even put utime and ulx as the only two addons on my server and still had the same problem. i got it straight from the git hub as well.

Offline Gr0m3r

Me and my friends noticed that today a few players lost their time on utime on server. It has reset to 0, for some players time get back, but not to the same value as early. I'm useing autopromote and some players lost their ranks then they get ranks back, but time not. I created that post to ask if someone can help me or have idea what can cause that.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
ULX groups are stored in gmod\data\ulib\groups.txt, users for groups are stored in gmod\data\ulib\users.txt
Utime data is stored in gmod\sv.db (the root gmod server folder)
If by 'ranks' you mean admin "groups", they have nothing to do with the same file area.
If by 'ranks' you mean something actually called 'ranks' in a gamemode, then it's possible whatever stores ranks are also in sv.db

No matter, it sounds as though your sv.db has been erased/modified/or corrupted.
If you do not have a recent backup of your gmod\sv.db file from recently, your UTime data is gone.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Gr0m3r

Well, only a few players lost their time and i've modified SV.db file, but it was almost 2 weeks ago and everything was fine. I didn't even touch utime data, what could affect that?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
- what could affect that?
- i've modified SV.db file

You've answered your question. Sounds like you corrupted the file.
Likely not noticed until certain players joined.

The only time I've ever seen player times lost is when the sv.db was damaged, erased, server reinstalled fresh (which writes new sv.db), etc.
Really, we can't know for sure, but, it's corrupt now. I'd recommend restore from backup.